Company: HD Supply
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Facilitates load management, including the accurate and
efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility.
Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes
deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective
manner. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes.
Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for
traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely
feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as
unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they
are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as
assigned. Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Proper licensing relative to equipment. Hazardous Material
certification may be required.
- Familiarity with PC's and other material handling equipment is
- Forklift certification.
- Level III: Minimum of Class A license required. Operate vehicle
with GVW over 26,000 pounds in combination.
- Level II: Minimum of Class B license required. Operate vehicle
with GVW over 26,000 pounds not in combination, or transport
hazardous materials that require placarding. PRID PRID114 Job ID
2019-34148 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Transportation Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 33610 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Tampa , Lead Driver, Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!