Lead Cyber Risk Analyst
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Risk Analyst Lead -
Cyber/Information Security Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX
or Tampa, FL facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and
the understanding and management of risk through appropriate
practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and
business exposures through the identification of key and emerging
risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite.
Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures
are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation
plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional
teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that
drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge
and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products
and processes.Job Requirements
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
board members.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required. 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations
experience in a relevant functional area to include banking,
insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public
accounting or other related operational area Or advanced degree or
designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management and 6 or more years relevant risk management work
experience Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and up to 4 years
relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level.*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- 8 or more years experience at a large financial institution
executing an enterprise-wide operational risk management program
that adheres to regulatory requirements and expectations
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk, bank and
insurance operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security, information security,
fraud risk management, data risk management, customer
authentication and identify access processes and controls
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and
controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies
of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and
comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and
2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is
03/07/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Lead Cyber Risk Analyst, Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!