Benefits Analyst II
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Fourth is growing! We are looking for an experienced Benefits
Analyst to join our Benefits team in the Tampa office.
The Benefits Analyst II is responsible for analyzing, auditing,
evaluating and resolving reported errors within benefits
administration business systems or third party vendor programs,
including resolving, reporting and/or escalating appropriately, as
well as, responsibilities to assess, configure, and maintain the
paperless enrollment system(s) and related files, reports and data
exchanges with brokers, consolidators, and carriers.
Essential Position Functions
- Individuals in this position will be responsible to spearhead
efforts, acting as team lead and/or subject matter experts for
cross-functional Benefits related projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise to business processes, systems
and regulatory compliance; contribute to the development of
training as related to standing or enterprise projects.
- Provide subject matter support to payroll audits for benefits
deductions and notifications to appropriate individuals/teams of
corrections (debits/credits) required, to ensure accurate payroll
- Act as a liaison or lead project teams in support automated
- Provides input for detailed project plans, including work break
down structure, timelines, and milestones.
- Work with internal teams, to analyze, evaluate and prioritize
requirements to deliver business processes or automated application
solutions, including end user acceptance testing of automation, to
address business needs.
- Analyze and write detailed processes and procedures as required
in relation to enterprise or capital expenditure projects, or
enhanced automation; and to provide related training and
development for new or existing team members.
- Communicate requirements to internal teams by running effective
meetings and using effective written communication (e-mails, memos,
status reports, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to promote
departmental initiatives and build cohesive interdepartmental
- Identify and analyze trends in system errors or required
enhancements related to benefits.
- Create and/or maintain department metrics and reporting.
- Provide phone support, acting as escalation point for customer
- Provide call monitoring and mentoring for Benefits Specialists
- Provide support as needed in related departments including, but
not limited to Flexible Spending Account and Pension Plans.
- Other projects and responsibilities as required
- Bachelors degree from four year College; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of employee benefits and HRIS
- Prior experience with end user systems testing
- Proven experience with front end user interface (web) programs
and knowledge of data feeds
- Proven experience in a customer service environment
- Proven critical thinking, problem solving, and systems
- Previous experience in managing projects a plus
- Previous experience in corporate training and/or process
documentation a plus
- Related call/service center experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and comprehend reports and spreadsheets
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and professionalism under
pressure of deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, diagnose & resolve
problems and prioritize critical customer issues and trends.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new Windows or Web based
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of regulations, laws related to benefits
- Ability to effectively meet customer needs, taking
responsibility for customer satisfaction and seeing it through
- Attention to detail in documents, correspondence, and process
adherence Excellent collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office
programs Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in PrismHR especially
benefit administration, Benefit Enrollment, Informer, and billing
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to type or
otherwise work primarily with fingers and hands, using repetitive
motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Duties will also
include talking, hearing, and close visual acuity to perform
activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive
The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands
and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop,
kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 10 pounds and/or negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body.
Fourth offers our benefits eligible employees an excellent benefit
package that include 401(k), medical, dental, vision, long-term
disability, life insurance, and a variety of ancillary plans. We
have a generous paid time off program and know how to have fun at
Fourth is an equal opportunity employer. As a requirement for
employment, candidates upon conditional offer will take a
background and reference check and drug screening.
Keywords: Fourth, Tampa , Benefits Analyst II, Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!