Risk Analyst II Mid Level (3rd Party Risk Management)
Posted on: March 19, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Risk Analyst II Mid Level (3rd Party Risk Management) for our Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL (Crosstown), or Remote facility.
The Risk Analyst II Third Party Affiliate Catalog manages the Affiliate relationship and service catalog for a moderate-sized line of business / COSA or multiple smaller units. They assess the risk and performance of services and work with key business partners to maintain pricing and data elements within the catalog(s). The employee implements the change process for their respective catalog(s), ensuring changes are made according to established governance processes and are effectively communicated to stakeholders.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business un exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations utilizing maturing knowledge.
- May help present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Assists in communicating results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Supports the implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Supports processes that focus on enhancing strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies maturing knowledge to participate in producing analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Contributes in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Assists in the formulation of stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2+ years risk management or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area; Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline relevant to risk management *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools, and applicable systems
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to assemble and manage large quantities of data from many stakeholders, keeping data accurate and controlled including advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage data with strong governance in an IT supported environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities and research skills
- Exceptional orientation to detail
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and decision-making abilities
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows up to resolve issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint BENEFITS
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 03/06/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Risk Analyst II Mid Level (3rd Party Risk Management), Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!