Construction Quality Control / Assurance (CQC/CQA) Technicians and Managers
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Geosyntec Consultants is looking for experienced construction quality control / construction quality assurance (CQC / CQA) technicians, managers, and inspectors to join our Florida-based Construction Services team. We currently have multiple positions open statewide to support ongoing project work, as well as a large project in Martin County (FL). Successful candidates will have completed the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers/NAVFAC Construction Quality Management for Contractors course and be able to demonstrate prior work experience as a Quality Control or Quality Assurance Manager or Representative with large civil earthwork projects such as landfills, reservoirs, dams, levees, embankments, and basins in Florida.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The role requires the ability to comprehend construction plans and specifications, the willingness to perform regular fieldwork and travel for extended periods of time (including overnights and weekends), and the desire to work outdoors. Some of the key responsibilities for the CQC / CQA Manager position include:
* Testing soils compaction/moisture with a nuclear moisture/density gauge;
* Performing basic soils laboratory work such as Proctor's, full classifications, moisture and organic content;
* Working with geosynthetic material such as geomembranes, geotextiles, geonets and GCL's;
* Managing earthwork quality control for decisions regarding soil sampling, stockpile control & tracking, density/moisture testing implementation, acceptance or rejection of production's work & testing, and recommending corrections to achieve acceptable results;
* Preparing field documentation, including daily field reports, health and safety documents, sampling logs, field drawings and diagrams;
* Creating and using tracking spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
* Creating inspection checklists and forms;
* Communicating basic soil mechanics & testing techniques to project team members;
* Inspecting landfills, dams, levees, reservoirs, and related structures;
* Interacting with project personnel (contractors, project managers, engineers & clients); and
* Observing and abiding by the policies and procedures outlined in the site-specific project health and safety plans and the company's Health and Safety Management policies and procedures.
Here are some other things you should know about this CQC / CQA Manager position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional and technical development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our staff to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
* Fieldwork: Up to 100%
* Overnight travel: Up to 100%
Your success is our success. We encourage our technicians and professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* At least two years of CQC/CQA experience involving constructing and inspecting large earthworks projects and subsurface soil exploration. (required)
* Prior completion of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers/NAVFAC Construction Quality Management for Contractors course. (required)
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED). (required)
* Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in geology, environmental or earth sciences, or civil engineering. (preferred)
* Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and specifications and compare to field activities. (required)
* Ability to monitor several different types of activities simultaneously. (required)
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. (required)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software programs. (required)
* Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and 50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering controls. (required)
* Ability to speak and hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. (required)
* A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record. (required)
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer; visa sponsorship is not available.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: CONST01534
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Tampa , Construction Quality Control / Assurance (CQC/CQA) Technicians and Managers, Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!