Fumigation Assistant- Driver
Posted on: November 10, 2018
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation?s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.Position OverviewAssists in the safe preparation of proper enclosing of a building for fumigation processes. Assists in the removal of enclosure material upon completion of the fumigation process. Drives company vehicle to and from job sites.Job Responsibilities
- Assists in the safe and proper enclosure of building, including covering of building with tarpaulins, and sealing off all open spaces, and closing all building vents.
- Lifts and carries rolled tarpaulins and ground sealing materials up a ladder.
- Assists in safe removal of all enclosures and fumigation materials used.
- Cleans up after the fumigation process is completed.
- Assists with safely storing all equipment in proper places.
- Drives company vehicle and maintains a safe driving record.Job Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, labels, and documented processes
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Ability to pass a Pulmonary Function Test and SCBA Fit Test is preferred
- Valid Drivers? License with CDL and Hazmat endorsement requiredPhysical Demands and Working ConditionsThe physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
- Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
- Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm?s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.Incumbent will be subject to:
- Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
- Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
- Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
- Exposure to animals and insects.
- Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
- Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Terminix, Tampa , Fumigation Assistant- Driver, Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!