Controls Monitoring Operational Risk Senior Analyst (C12) - Hybrid
Location: Apollo Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is responsible for the control monitoring activities
associated with programs maintained by the U.S. Personal Banking
(USPB) Retail Product, Retail Business Banking (RBB) and Chief
Operating Office (COO) business units. This role is responsible for
the design, execution, and reporting of controls monitoring tests
as well as continually building best practices and improvements
into all aspects of the Analyst's controls monitoring/testing work.
The role is also responsible for identification and escalation of
emerging risks resulting from the Analyst's controls testing
findings, including providing input to control design/execution and
to business partners in support of root cause analysis. The
candidate must possess advanced Word document, Excel spreadsheet
and PowerPoint presentation skills and SharePoint knowledge, strong
organization, communication, relationship building, and excellent
time management skills. Experience working with or within MCA
(Managers Control Assessment) related to risk and control
activities is strongly preferred, but not absolutely required if
the candidate has other relevant experience.
- For business controls assigned to the Analyst, understand those
controls, and design appropriate controls monitoring tests in order
to test the effectiveness of that control - including selecting a
sample size, test frequency, test design, information sourcing,
- For business controls assigned to the Analyst, if issues are
found with the control, review findings with the business control
owner in order to confirm validating of the finding, and (if
confirmed) escalate for awareness to the appropriate BCH (Business
Control Head) and to the USPB Retail Bank, RBB and COO Control
- Identify and escalate emerging risks resulting from the
Analyst's controls testing findings, including providing
rationale/commentary to BCHs and business partners in support of
root cause analysis.
- Timely and accurate entry of all controls monitoring test
results into the QUEST and Citi Risk & Controls (CR&C) systems
- based on self-awareness of all reporting deadlines.
- Partners with the appropriate BCH (Business Control Head) on
the set up of new ARCMs (Activity-Risk-Control-Monitoring)
statements as well as execute changes or updates to existing
- Continually build best practices and improvements into all
aspects of assigned controls monitoring work and tests - embrace
learning and translate those learnings into improved tests - e.g.,
digital monitoring, sample size selection, frequency,
evidence-gathering process improvements, etc.
- Share ideas in order to help improve all aspects of assigned
controls monitoring work and tests across the team.
- Maintain meticulous, accessible documentation of controls
monitoring test results - including having test results and
'working papers' at the ready should they be requested by Internal
Audit, Compliance, Regulators, Senior Management, etc.
- Make use of data from various systems and repositories to
develop a thorough understanding of the business area being tested
or monitored, including identification of trends, anomalies,
outliers and red-flags.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business
partners, US Personal Banking CAO teams and functional management
to ensure availability of accurate and complete information
- Proactively advance the use of digital monitoring tools (DMT)
and techniques to drive high efficiency and effectiveness in
testing, monitoring and surveillance processes.
- Participate in identification and escalation of potential fraud
and ethics issues and identify possible risk mitigation
- Support strategic projects and ad-hoc requests from USPB
Monitoring Unit senior management as requested/needed.
- Minimum 5 years controls testing within consumer banking
experience, of which minimum 3 years in positions directly related
to or equivalent - in the areas of in-business controls, controls
and/or monitoring design, controls testing, or audit of same
- Strong understanding of ARA (Annual Risk Assessment), QRA
(Quarterly Risk Assessment), and MCA (Managers Control Assessment)
frameworks and processes
- Strong understanding of GRC (Global Risk and Control)
frameworks related to controls and controls monitoring.
- In-depth experience with tools such as CR&C (Citi Risk and
Controls), JIRA, Quest preferred, but not required.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS
- Excellent organization, communication, relationship building,
interpersonal, and time management skills
- Independent thinker and able to perform a credible challenge of
- Ability to produce high quality work under rigid time
- Ability to work effectively with virtual and remote-based
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with
demonstrated ability to clearly articulate issues
- Bachelor's/ University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$81,230.00 - $121,850.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Tampa , Controls Monitoring Operational Risk Senior Analyst (C12) - Hybrid, Professions , Apollo Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!