Electrical Engineer III
Company: TAW, an IPS Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Summary: -Work independently and as part of a team with
other engineers on the development of standard and prototype
equipment that will be manufactured to meet customer's needs.
Research, develop, design and test electrical components, equipment
and systems to match client specifications to include switchgear,
auxiliary components from 480V to 15kV, automatic transfer schemes,
standby generators and paralleling equipment, motor control
centers, transformers and UPS.Essential Duties &
- Research new design concepts from customer specifications and
create conceptual design packages, conduct site surveys, support
manufacturing, installation and set-up.
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products,
and systems for commercial, and military purposes.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for
new commercial, and military uses.
- Direct activities to ensure manufacturing, construction,
installation, and operational testing conform to functional
specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of
equipment and systems in field installations.
- Work with vendors and in-house procurement and sales team to
- Work within a team environment to ensure a cohesive final
project; team to include Mechanical and Electrical Engineers,
Engineer Interns and/or Co-Ops, Operations, Production, Quality,
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods
in concert with Quality Control; testing finished products and
- Ensure product meets third party specifications, expectations
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures in office and plant
- Travel to client sites as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
societies.Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering, or closely related
degree, plus five to ten years' electrical engineering experience
in design and testing preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of control system design including
PLC's, VFD's, programming, panel layout, component selection,
testing and modification.
- Some knowledge of panel board, lighting, outlet, grounding,
conduit and wiring design.
- Ability to create, read or modify layout drawings, schematics,
wiring and interconnection diagrams.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office and AutoCAD;
experience with AutoCAD Electric and SolidWorks a plus
- Ability to work with unit teams in various levels and manage
projects as needed
TAW is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: TAW, an IPS Company, Tampa , Electrical Engineer III, Professions , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!