Production Supervisor - SMT
Company: Smiths Interconnect
Posted on: November 11, 2019
About Us Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new
colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those
who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer,
healthier, more efficient and more connected.?We're proud that
we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160
year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By
adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking
big.?Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and
around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every
year across five vibrant global markets.?Smiths Interconnect
provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform
at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology
is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna
solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to
enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase
signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and
augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with
connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely
on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the
harshest environments.?Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon,
Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense
Webster.?As one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths
Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence
selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing
facilities in nine countries and offices across North America,
Europe and Asia.?So whether you're an experienced professional or
just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on
growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues.
There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create
the future. Job Description Responsible for the leadership and
management of a production team with regards to production, safety,
quality, efficiency and consistent application of best practices.
Facilitates the daily activities related to the manufacture of
components and/or finished products to meet delivery schedules and
revenue goals. Provides leadership and motivation to team to
achieve desired quality, quantity, service and cost standards
through safe and proper utilization of materials and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures production goals are met or exceeded, including
schedule, cost, quality yield, throughput, and on-time
- Prepares and executes daily production schedules and translates
to work assignments for each team member ensuring optimal
- Provides a strong floor presence and understanding of the
processes adequate to set the example for others to follow.
- Coaches and develops staff by fostering a strong performance
management culture that encourages on-going professional
- Creates and fosters a positive, professional, team-oriented
- Provides training to make sure all employees have the skills
tools necessary for optimum performance.
- Handles day-to-day production documentation ensuring its
accuracy, timeliness and compliance to applicable procedures.
- Handles day-to-day productions issues and works with team
members and other departments to resolve.
- Applies lean manufacturing best practices and drives continuous
- Oversees the performance of all quality inspections performed
in accordance with quality plans.
- Ensures all reporting is completed timely and accurately.
- Partners effectively with maintenance and engineering to
optimize equipment performance and reliability.
- Identifies and implements improvements in production methods,
equipment, and quality of products with support from other
functions as applicable.
- Complies with and ensures department compliance with Company
health, safety and environmental policies.
- Complies with all applicable U.S. export control and security
- Works with Operations Manager, Program Managers and Team Leads
to meet scheduled dates.
- Participate in personnel performance appraisals.
- Assist in company continuous improvement journey by leading or
participating in projects such as 5S, Kaizens, etc. The Individual
- Associate degree (or equivalent) in engineering, business or
related field. Experience may be substituted for Degree.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience in a high mix/low volume
environment; Prior experience with managing and leading people
- Microsoft Office skills
- Leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Analysis skills
- Additional Requirement: SMT experience preferred. Able to work
flex hours to support 2nd Shift, if needed.
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent
- Strong management and leadership skills and demonstrated
ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse group of
- Knowledge of safety and environmental practices and
- Strong organizational skills, including a high level of
attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and accountability to follow up and follow
through on tasks to completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of manufacturing
processes and best practices.
- Strong internal personal skills able to foster productive
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives.
- Ability to handle complex situations and solve complex
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and
occasionally lift 0-30 pounds.??
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean principles and other process
improvement tools a plus.
Keywords: Smiths Interconnect, Tampa , Production Supervisor - SMT, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!