Company: Smiths Interconnect
Posted on: November 11, 2019
About Us Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new
colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those
who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer,
healthier, more efficient and more connected.?We're proud that
we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160
year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By
adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking
big.?Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and
around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every
year across five vibrant global markets.?Smiths Interconnect
provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform
at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology
is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna
solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to
enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase
signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and
augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with
connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely
on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the
harshest environments.?Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon,
Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense
Webster.?As one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths
Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence
selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing
facilities in nine countries and offices across North America,
Europe and Asia.?So whether you're an experienced professional or
just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on
growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues.
There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create
the future.? Job Description Responsible for the requisition of
materials, inventory management and supply chain duties to ensure
efficient delivery of product in order to meet customer delivery
schedule. Position must be responsive and be able to perform duties
with minimal supervision.? Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain in the ERP (Oracle) system integrity to drive material
and production schedules and execute processes per
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and communicating the
daily production schedule, including the creation and release of
- Works closely with supply chain/procurement team and sales to
get input on forecast changes/adjustments.
- Provides effective communication of the production plan between
internal stakeholders ? Contracts, PMO, Procurement and Production
- Serves as point of contact and liaison between Production
Operations and PMO/Contracts.
- Coordinate and track projects to meet or exceed customer
- Works closely with Contracts and Inside Sales to minimize
impacts to customer OTD, with immediate notification of schedule
issues and including reschedule commitments as requested.
- Plans work orders to meet shipping dates according to customer
- Key member of the MRB process and responsible for maintaining
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules
to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares a variety of reports as required to support materials
- Plans/prepares requisitions to obtain materials, tools, and
- Complies with and ensures department compliance with Company
health, safety and environmental policies.
- Complies with all applicable U.S. export control and security
- Other duties as required? The Individual ?
- Bachelor?s degree in Business or related field or an additional
3-5 years of experience required.
- 8+ years of related planning, scheduling and/or materials
management experience, preferably working in a manufacturing
- Understanding of multi-level bills of material required.
- Excellent computer skills including in Microsoft Office
(especially Excel), Outlook and ERP system required.
- Ability to learn new software required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to manage several objectives and reassign
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only
limited standardizations exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to operate in and take direction in a virtual
- Ability to work in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams.
- Formal Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement skills
are a plus.
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and
occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Travel: Up to 10% / minimal
- Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent
Resident). ?May be required to obtain a security clearance.??
Additional Agency ?? Diversity & Inclusion ??
Keywords: Smiths Interconnect, Tampa , Planner III, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!