Senior Business Planning & Strategy Consultant II
Company: Met Life
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job Location: Tampa , FL Alternate Job Location : NoneRole Value
Proposition:This position is within the Global Operations Planning
& Strategic Governance organization. The position will partner with
operations management to develop metrics, financial / portfolio
management annual plans and reports that support business objective
and results, and will work with supporting functions, both within
and outside of the Global Operations organization and across US,
Asia, Latin America, Europe regions. In addition, this position
will provide support for transformational programs, and for tools
used in managing Global Operations metrics and annual plans.Key
- Support and administer tools used to manage metrics, annual
plans, forecasts, and management reports, including, but not
limited to, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI, Domo, or other
business intelligence / data visualization tools.
- Support the refinement of key performance indicators project
and tool implementation.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of process
improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the production and distribution of monthly, quarterly
and senior leadership / stakeholder reports and presentations
including trend analysis, variance analysis, cost and benefit
analysis, status of program initiatives, escalating issues and
- Effectively interpret and transform business intelligence/data
into meaningful and actionable insights that business leaders can
reference to drive business outcomes, make business decisions, and
- Identify areas of improvement, recommend, clarify, define and
implement metrics, and the method in which data is tracked, stored
- Assists in the development and measurement of business annual
budget planning activities.
- Proactively communicate reporting modifications and process
changes to contributors and stakeholders based on senior management
request and team observations.
- Assist in preparing executive summaries for senior
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of related work experience to include financial and /
- Strong analytical but creative thinker with very strong problem
- Energetic self-starter, able to work independently, in a
- Proficiency with business intelligence / data visualization
tools (i.e. Tableau, QlikView, Domo, PowerBI); high level of
proficiency with MS Office package, especially Excel, PowerPoint,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and proven results exemplifying
initiative, project management skills and accuracy/detail
orientation. Ability to understand business needs and formulate
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, adhere to deadlines, and
is flexible through evolving requirements.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and drill into
details, while maintaining a big-picture focus.
- Must be able to work in a matrixed environment to include
geographically dispersed team members. Must be flexible to
accommodate working across time zones and respond to changing
- Experience with process modeling / process improvements.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Business Analytics, Statistics,
Applied Economics, or related field.
- Ability to work with, motivate and sometimes lead
cross-organizational and cross-regional project team members.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, including the ability to partner
at multiple levels in the organization, build and maintain
relationships, and influence decisions.
- Knowledge of business operations, budgeting, reengineering and
- Previous experience in planning, metrics reporting and analysis
highly desired; experience with Business Performance Management
tools a plus.
- Background in MetLife's financial and/or operational systems
and processes desired.
- Insurance industry experience desired, as well as familiarity
with products comparable to those sold by MetLife.
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry
we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we
re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to
ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law.MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.For immediate
consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to
complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an
automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully
applied to the job.Requisition # 112100
Keywords: Met Life, Tampa , Senior Business Planning & Strategy Consultant II, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!