Compliance Advisor Lead - Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Compliance
Advisor Lead - Anti-Bribery and Corruption for our Tampa, FL
(Crosstown), Plano, TX campus or Remote.
The Compliance Advisor Lead leads and motivates cross-functional
team members in strategy development and implementation of
compliance solutions. Independently performs complex and often
unique work assignments and problem resolution within a department
and enterprise projects. Serves as the subject matter expert to
ensure documents, projects, processes, and product initiatives
comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise
- Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes
- Leads and motivates cross functional team members in strategy
development and implementation of compliance solutions.
- Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in
interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying
team dynamics and by promoting development of team
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and
potential solutions, and leads crossfunctional teams through the
problem resolution process.
- Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and
recommends compliance solutions impacting the enterprise.
- Establishes aggressive goals for the organization and monitors
to ensure achievement.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or
- Advises senior management on issues and has authority to make
project related decisions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to senior
leadership; negotiates solutions with leadership.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and
identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Develops action plans for advancing compliance initiatives and
for resolving outstanding compliance issues.
- Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the
industry to sustain competitive advantage.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and
- Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory
landscape and the company's key challenges.
- Serves as the primary resource for crossfunctional team members
on escalated issues of a unique nature.
- Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others
on complex issues, and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works
to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly
skilled team of compliance professionals.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and
requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results;
provides guidance to crossfunctional team members to ensure goal
achievement and team success.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 8 or more years of industry experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations. Expert
knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to
include Word, Excel and PowerPoint*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- 6+ years experience within financial services industry at a law
firm, a Legal or Compliance department or with a regulator (OFAC,
SEC, DOJ, FED, state securities regulator)
- 3+ years proven experience with FCPA, UK Bribery Act and
similar laws and regulations globally
- Proven experience in an ABAC advisory role focused on Hiring
Practices, Finance & Expense Controls (including Gifts &
Entertainment), Charitable/Foundation activities, Marketing/Events,
Interaction with Government Officials, and Third-Party Risk
- Proven experience in drafting relevant ABAC Policies,
Standards, and Procedures
- Proven experience with Annual Risk Assessment management and
program Monitoring & Testing
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Ability to build rapport with key partners and interface with
businesses and functions in order to facilitate the successful
implementation of the Enterprise ABAC Program
- Advanced Degree or JDThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidatesto apply to the opening is 06/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, compliance, corporate,
corporate attorney, counsel, court, internal, lawyer, llp,
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Compliance Advisor Lead - Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!