Senior Compliance Advisor - External Reporting
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Compliance Advisor
External Reporting for our San Antonio, Phoenix, Tampa, or Plano
Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy
development and implementation of compliance solutions.
Independently performs complex work assignments and problem
resolution within a CoSA and enterprise-wide projects. Reviews laws
and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments.
Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions.Job
RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to
apply.See what it's like to work for a company where your passion
meets our purpose:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents,
projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory
and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides
recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying
team dynamics and by promoting development of team
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Utilizes strong leadership and collaboration skills interacting
with project teams, regulatory agencies, and team members.
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing
cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and
identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Identifies potential compliance risks and coordinates with
appropriate Compliance staff.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations
and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of
responses to regulators.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions
within scope of work assignment.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically
and in an organized manner.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an
- Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works
to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly
skilled team of compliance professionals.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 6 or more years relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and Powerpoint.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level.*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.PREFERRED
- Graduate Degree (JD, LLM, MST, MSA, MBA)
- Compliance Program Experience (Issue Management, Compliance
Risk Assessments, Regulatory Change Management, Complaint
Management, Compliance Testing, Compliance Monitoring, Third Party
Risk Management, and effective challenge in a Second Line
- Regulatory Reporting Experience (e.g., Bank Call Reports,
Federal Reserve Y Series Reporting, SEC Reporting, Tax Reporting,
- Regulatory Experience (Federal Reserve, OCC, IRS, SEC,
Department of Insurance, Department of Revenue)
- Back Office Experience (e.g. Accounts Payable, Payroll,
Benefits, Supplier Relationships)BENEFITS USAA's most valuable
resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity
and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.Our team
enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward
opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and
wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching
dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing
education.We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of
on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including
a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options,
company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a
casual dress environment.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidatesto apply to the opening is 06/11/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, compliance,
compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, lawyer,
legal affairs, legal department
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Senior Compliance Advisor - External Reporting, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!