Supervision & Controls Advisor Senior
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Supervision &
Controls Advisor Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs,
CO, Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ facility.
This position supports the supervision of front line business units
that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened
Standards and operating within risk tolerances. Identifies
risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to
compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks,
projects, and activities which includes administering and creating
strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates
with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team
members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation Job
- Develops operating policies and procedures, in accordance with
the enterprise risk policies and standards set by independent risk
- Analyzes a broad range of performance data to monitor each risk
- Self-identifies any deficiencies and takes corrective action
- Provides accurate and timely risk reports to Business Control
Management, independent risk management, internal audit, executive
management, and board and management committees.
- Provides input to the CRO organization regarding the enterprise
risk governance framework and the standards and parameters
established to govern risk-taking activities. Develops action plans
in the event of a trigger or appetite breach.
- Participates in escalation processes established by independent
risk management to resolve issues involving disagreements among the
lines of defense.
- Assists with managing the expectations and accountability for
the team of supervision professionals in consultation with the
Business Controls Management and independent risk management.
- Bachelor s Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years experience in a risk management, compliance,
regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance
- 4 or more years first line of defense experience in
surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4 or more years of surveillance monitoring experience
- Strong understanding of risk, first line of defense controls:
design and execution Associates in Risk Management (or similar
- Strong knowledge of banking and insurance regulation and
- Planning, organizing and prioritization skills including
setting goals and objectives, organizing activities, attending to
details and following through to completion
- Quality oversight including driving and promoting accuracy,
thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate
wants, needs and direction, active listening, relationship
development, building trust, engaging both strong verbal and
- Strong data analytical skills with abilities to define
problems, problem elements, collect data, establish facts and draw
valid and relevant conclusions with recommendations.
- Ability to obtain a P&C license within 90 days of hire The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/05/19
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Supervision & Controls Advisor Senior, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!