Company: Trademark Metals Recycling
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic company? Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR) is hiring. We are passionate about our business and about building relationships that stand the test of time. We are pro-active self-starters who thrive on opportunities, challenges and have a strong work ethic. And of course, we're competitive. TMR achieves success by hiring the best people so we are looking for motivated teammates that have a desire to help shape the future of scrap metal recycling. TMR is Florida's largest scrap metal recycler with over 20 recycling facilities located throughout the state. Our facilities include four automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, an extensive truck and railcar fleet, landfill services and railcar dismantling. TMR is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes including cranes, material handlers and loaders, etc.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: loading scrap material onto shredder feed conveyor, pushing shred pile up, moving material throughout the yard, and/or loading trucks and railcars, etc.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift or skid steer if needed.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Effectively communicate over radio with teammates for traffic coordination, production, and safety procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 3-years previous heavy equipment operation in manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles, hazards and safety precautions as well as mechanical ability.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Bilingual preferred. #TMRslot
Keywords: Trademark Metals Recycling, Tampa , Equipment Operator, Other , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!