Company: Childcare of Brandon
Posted on: November 26, 2022
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.DescriptionAssistant Teacher Job
Summary The Assistant Teacher will work under the direction of the
Lead Teacher to help implement curriculum, which includes lesson
planning and child assessment. The Assistant Teacher will help plan
and implement activities designed to promote the social, physical,
and intellectual growth of the children under her/his care. The
Assistant Teacher will also be responsible for communicating with
parents and keeping them informed of their child's progress on a
daily basis.POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Essential Functions and
- Assists the Lead Teacher or works cooperatively with co-teacher
in implementing the daily program for children, including the
- Preparation and clean-up of daily programming and
- Curriculum and child assessments
- Ensure children are taught to read and write in the English
- Help children learn to think creatively, solve problems, and
respect themselves and others
- Understands and can articulate objectives for development and
- Utilizes digital technologies to communicate with parents and
to facilitate intentional lesson planning.
- Implements and follows all proper supervision techniques as
required by the company and state licensing.
- Guides children in a positive manner displaying friendly,
affectionate, enthusiastic and caring behaviors.
- Supervises and facilitates the classroom and the learning,
according to the plans of the Lead Teacher and/or works
cooperatively with a co-Teacher in the absence of the Lead
- Helps with meal and snack preparation, feeding children,
modeling table manners at meals.
- Assists with ensuring the classroom is organized, clean,
sanitized and tour ready at all times. This includes, but is not
limited to, tasks such as sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Mouthed toys are put aside and cleaned before being made
available to other children.
- Interacts with children on the playground/classroom taking part
in activities that include bending, stooping, jumping, kneeling,
standing for long periods of time, and other appropriate physical
- Provides exceptional customer service to the families and
children we serve, which includes maintaining strict
confidentiality regarding children and families.
- Greet every family, child and visitor who enters the
school/classroom with a warm and sincere welcome. Assist parents at
drop off and pick up times. Acknowledge all departing families,
children, and visitors with a farewell. Respond to all questions
and requests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Works to prevent injuries and accidents; follows all procedures
related to injuries and accidents if one should occur. Reports
child injuries and hazards promptly to the Director/Member of
- Required to attend all staff training sessions, meetings, and
programs sponsored by the School; this is mandatory not
- Participates in QRIS and/or accreditation goals and performs
the associated classroom requirements to meet those goals where
- Regular attendance required, as described in the employee
- Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to local child protective
agency/hotline as mandated by state law.
- Performs other related duties as requested by a member of
management or Lead Teacher. LOCATION: FL, riverview,
BloomingdaleABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: We are so glad you are
interested in becoming a part of the Childcare of Brandon family.
At Childcare of Brandon we believe children are not
one-size-fits-all. Every child learns in their own unique way, at
their own pace and has different needs and abilities. As a result,
we utilize a curriculum, which nurtures your child's natural
abilities using empowering educational pathways customized to meet
the needs of each child. Whatever needs a child may have, we will
work as a team to find a solution for that! Our Mission: We are
committed to preparing young children for school and life. Our
Vision: We will provide a safe, nurturing, learning environment.
Our ethical character defines our dedication to instilling lifelong
skills within each child. We will form the foundation of our
learning-centered program by using creative new curriculums, Common
Core standards, Music, Movement, Drama and Nature programs. Our
programs will be tailored to meet the needs of the children and
communities we serve. We seek to challenge and cognitively engage
our children, providing them with exciting learning opportunities
throughout the day. We encourage our teachers and staff in their
continuous growth as learners through professional development
programs and courses. We will strive to provide superior customer
service in all aspects of our day to day functions.PI197389552
Keywords: Childcare of Brandon, Tampa , Assistant Teacher, Other , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!