School Monitor - IDEA Riverview (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Role Mission: The School Monitor is responsible for ensuring the
safety of students by providing supervisory monitoring of students
at various times of the days including before/after school and
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of
What You Bring -- Competencies
- Enjoys working with children
- Manages students in a firm and fair manner
- Strong communication skills with students and staff
- Flexibility to change
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with students preferred
What You'll Do - Accountabilities
Supervision of Students
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for students
- Monitors students during bus drop off, arrival, and after
- Monitors halls during student arrival and during lunch.
- Maintain assigned lunch schedule for all grade levels without
- Supervise and assist students through serving line to ensure
assigned lunch periods remain on schedule
- Supervise lunchroom to maintain orderly conduct
- Supervise students during recess and rotate through the
lunchroom at scheduled time
- Assists with general food needs such as assisting students with
opening food containers, discarding food during meals, and general
cleanliness of cafeteria.
- Assists and supports student behavior management. Refers and
communicates behavioral concerns and inappropriate conduct to
appropriate administrative personnel.
- Performs related duties as required.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of
change: that all students are capable of getting to and through
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to
be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to
college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small
school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free,
Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post
and U.S. News & World Report's top high schools lists. IDEA serves
over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas,
Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of
sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in
society. We are committed to an organizational culture that
promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and
supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We
are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege,
and commit as an organization to have equitable practices,
policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/
to learn about IDEA's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist
and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It's in your
best interest to apply as soon as possible.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Tampa , School Monitor - IDEA Riverview (Immediate Opening), Other , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!