Posted on: May 12, 2022
Position Summary: - Vallen's Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
Associate is an individual contributor that delivers and manages
inventory at customer's designated sites. Performs the physical or
administrative tasks involved in storing, distributing and order
fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies
and equipment. Verifies goods distribution against purchase orders
or invoices. - Conducts inventory task in accordance with local VMI
processes. - Responsible for safety of public while operating
company vehicles. Follows proper guidelines for use of all
equipment. - Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive company commercial vehicles to transport and deliver
goods to designated locations in a safe manner and in compliance
with all State and Federal DOT standards and regulations.
- Works to ensure the accuracy of shipments to the customer.
- Assist with the VMI customer space/placement, sets up the
appropriate area to receive shipment of material and stocks product
in the customer's designated area.
- Follows the customer order through from pick-up at Vallen's
warehouse/DC to delivery and set up at customer site.
- Takes customer spot buy orders when needed and relays the
information to the CSR or Account Rep.
- Scans barcodes at customer site to generate customer
- Perform VMI functions at vending point of use areas: loading,
receiving and minor repairs or changes, including mandatory
communication with direct supervisor and the sales team.
- Maintains awareness of min/max, reorder point/quantity and
reports observations back to managements.
- Recommends changes to the customer inventory levels based on
- Ensures that bar code labels are up to date and legible for
scanners to read and advised management when new barcode labels are
- Assist in the annual inventory (cycle) counts on consigned
- Presents information and respond to questions from clients,
customers, and managers.
- 5S all VMI Point of Use areas.
- Performs other duties as requested. Job Qualifications: - -
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year experience or training in warehouse, inventory
counting or delivery
- Valid driver's license that complies with Vallen's
- Willingness to learn and work on assignments that are
semi-routine in nature.
- Must be a self-starter with the willingness to work with
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrated ability to get the job done correctly and in a
- Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem
- Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships
with customers, co-workers and management.
- Willing to gain knowledge of company products.
- Ability to represent Vallen in a professional manner projecting
a Winning Team approach to customer service. Work Environment &
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and
may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions of this position.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various
forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear,
- Required to properly operate and control a motor vehicle;
specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job
duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching,
grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying
multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and
- May be required to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; must have
the ability to handle physical inventory that requires hand
- May work in extreme hot or cold environments; various
facilities may have dusty conditions. About Vallen -is an industry
leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services
along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating,
production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing
supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and
around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a
subsidiary of -, part of the global - -family. Stay up to date with
Vallen, follow us on - -and -, What are the Benefits? 401K Plan,
Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid
Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts
(Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition
Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and Career Path Opportunities. -
Keywords: Vallen, Tampa , VMI Specialist, Other , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!