Business Process Owner Lead - Sensitive Profile - Life Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Purpose of Job
This job profile is designated as a Sensitive Position. Sensitive
Positions are those positions in which individuals have the
authority and ability to conduct in-scope activities (movement of
USAA or Member funds) as defined within the Enterprise Sensitive
Positions Mandatory Time-Away Compliance Policy. Employees in
Sensitive Positions are required to fulfill a Mandatory Time-Away
(MTA) requirement of 10 consecutive business days each calendar
We are currently seeking a Business Process Owner Lead to support
Life Claims. This position is open to the following locations: San
Antonio Home Office, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Tampa
Crosstown, Tampa Campus or a Hybrid location (Work at home and on
This role is responsible for the following:
* POC for all Audits (external/internal) - helps gather data
requests, interfaces with audit teams and helps shape audit
* Facilitates Contestable Claims Discussions
* Helps Develop Claims Strategy for LifeCo
* Approves claims $500k plus
* Serves as representative for USAA depositions
* Responsible for Issue management for claims issues
* Responsible for documenting Policies, Standards and
* Serves as SME Resource for Claims Operations
As business process owner, leads planning for highly complex
processes including problem definition, evaluation of requirements,
design, testing, and implementation of business processes.
Understands the process operating objectives, business rules,
performance requirements, risks, and controls and interactions
between dependent processes to minimize failures, eliminate
redundancies, and control process performance necessary to achieve
efficient, effective design and execution of the process Actively
develops and drives alignment of process to overall experience
strategy and vision.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
* Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively
identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activities. Develops business process deliverable program
plans that align customer, business deliverable and enterprise
strategy. Ensures alignment with customer and appropriate
* Applies and maintains expert knowledge of the business and
manages ongoing alignment and development of business deliverable
processes and capabilities with business needs to materially change
and improve business performance.
* Serves as strategic advisor bringing diverse perspective to
leverage multiple ways of thinking while developing end-user
focused process solution
* Guides and influences process re-engineering and technology
implementation to enable process redesign and innovation. Leads the
overall management of process performance by developing control
limits, monitoring key performance indicators and informing
stakeholders of any deficiencies, improvements, operational risks
issues, etc. and drives collaborative efforts to ensure process
delivers against requirements.
* Manages risks by using established methodologies and exercising
control plans to ensure alignment with business unit specific
requirements, process requirements, and business needs. Influences
business unit and business process to address risk across all
* Collects and consolidates demand and identifies opportunities by
business portfolio, vertically within the business unit and/or
horizontally across the enterprise.
* Reviews, advises, and develops communication plans for customers
and internal stakeholders and ensures communications are in
alignment with overall strategy.
* Ensures alignment between internal stakeholders and customers
across all business process projects and services using proactive
communication and engagement strategies.
* Utilizes data and analytics to deliver insight into customer and
business process performance and shares best practices with overall
* Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
(Total of 12 Years).
* 8 years business process execution/knowledge/experience,
consulting, and/or process engineering/optimization.
* Experience in successfully applying quality management, process
improvement, and problem-solving tools and methodologies.
* Experience in implementing and sustaining change/improvements
* Extensive hands on experience with Process Mapping and Modeling
and creating and validating process documentation.
* Extensive experience in the application of process management
standards and policies, and comprehensive knowledge of applicable
regulations and risk management practices.
* Demonstrated experience with Lean, Business Process Management,
or similar methodology.
* Demonstrated experience with utilizing various systems to collect
and analyze data.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* 5 or more years of Claim Approval Experience
* 5 or more years of experience in managing and making decisions on
* 3 or more years of experience with Depositions
* 3 or more years of experience with Issue Management
* Experience writing Policies and Procedures for Life and Annuity
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 -
$192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Business Process Owner Lead - Sensitive Profile - Life Company, Other , Ruskin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!