Company: American Addiction Centers
Posted on: June 10, 2021
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your
career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others,
then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture;
we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in
education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our
exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our
future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications
for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations.
Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality,
compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with
addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and
passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal
wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Responsible for providing individual, group and family
counseling. Conduct clinical assessments for new patients and
on-going required assessments. Counselor II will demonstrate
expertise in therapeutic interventions, treatment modalities and
utilize evidence based practices. Counselor II will participate in
Treatment team and provide service coordination as needed for
patients. Counselor II will advocate and communicate with the UR
department on all aspects of patient care. American Addiction
Centers strives to ensure that all of our patients receive the most
comprehensive care to address the issues that may impede their
Duties and Responsibilities: to include but not limited to the
- Provide intervention, assessments, treatment planning, triage
and individual/group counseling.
- Initiate and provide family counseling services.
- Provide clinical services to all patients on caseload and
assist when needed with other patients as assigned by clinical
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting and program staff
- Ensure that all documentation necessary meet contract,
licensure, accreditation and standards for services in a timely
manner following the AAC's documentation policy guidelines.
- Communicate efficiently with other departments to ensure the
best care for patient.
- Provide clinical services to outpatient and inpatient adult
- Understand and abide by State Department standards, facility
accreditation, AAC's policy and procedures.
- Demonstate dependability and adaptability with patients and
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company
- Abide by the standards of HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- Assists in monitoring and managing patient community as a
- Intervenes in crisis situations to deescalates and resolves
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Sciences Required (social work,
counseling or psychology).
- License eligible, actively working towards licensure and/or
certification in alcohol and drug abuse.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a behavioral healthcare
- Experience working with substance abuse, addictions, mental
health, cognitive behavior treatment and motivational
- Knowledge of utilizing electronic health record software and
- Knowledge of ASAM criteria.
- Counseling experience with adults, an understanding of
psychotropic medications and symptoms and effects.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written information, type
documentation, present information to groups and participate in
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible
- Valid driver license and insurable driving record (If driving a
company vehicle or if driving personal vehicle for company
business; refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles).
"AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all
employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that
are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, and smell
continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach frequently. Ability
to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 10 lbs. and
occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents,
and operate copy and fax machine. Distance vision required to drive
an automobile, if driving is a requirement of the job.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled.
Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise levels as found in a business office with
computer printers, households with TVs and dishwashers, and driving
American Addiction Centers is an equal opportunity employer.
American Addiction Centers prohibits employment practices that
discriminate against individuals or groups of employees on the
basis of age, color disability, national origin, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status,
genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state
and/or federal law.
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Tampa , Counselor II, Other , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!