MA - Referrals
Company: Suncoast Community Health Center
Posted on: June 9, 2021
POSITION TITLE: REFERRALS - MA
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Diploma in approved Medical Assisting program required
- Experience as a medical assistant.
- Demonstration of the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must have good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to network with other agencies and private
- Strong working knowledge of computer operations.
- BLS (provided by SCHC within 6 months of hire)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Process all referrals for specialty consultation and diagnostic
- Instruct clients on referrals and follow-up as required.
- Communicate with outside agencies and providers for this
- Identify problems in referrals and inform the direct supervisor
for corrective action.
- Prepare patients for the physicians care to include performing
aseptic procedures, observing/reporting patients taking vital signs
and symptoms, collecting lab specimens (possible venipuncture), and
assisting with patient examinations, treatments, and
- Update electronic record information (PCP of record).
- Adhere to all safety and infection control policies.
- Conducts chart audits/reviews daily for next day
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Suncoast Community Health Center, Tampa , MA - Referrals, Other , Ruskin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!