Compensation and Benefits Manager
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Join Cardno as a Compensation & Benefits Manager.
Cardno is looking for an experienced Compensation & Benefits
Manager to join our Human Resources team. You will lead the
development, implementation, and administration of compensation and
benefits programs, policies, and procedures. Manage common
compensation functions, including survey participation, market
comparison salary evaluation, salary structure development and
associated analysis. Manage common benefits functions, including
life, health, wellness and disability insurance, leave of absence
and retirement benefits. Work with the benefit brokers to ensure
Cardno's benefits programs remain competitive and conform to
current compensation strategy. You will report to our HR Director
and will lead the Benefits Team, consisting of 3 direct
- Design programs including compensation programs, health, and
wellness, leaves of absence and retirement programs, including
voluntary benefits programs.
- Work with the talent acquisition team and management to manage
market issues related to hiring and retaining employees, as it
relates to compensation and benefits.
- Respond to benchmarking requests and analysis; provide quality
advice and recommendations to management on pay decisions.
- Work with HR team to ensure all programs, policies, and
procedures comply with current legislation.
- Select and participate in salary and benefits surveys to ensure
that compensation and benefits programs are competitive with the
- Oversee daily workflow of the benefits department and provide
constructive performance evaluations.
- Coordinate annual benefits open enrollment and related-costs
review together with management, benefit brokers and other external
- Coordinate the benefits contract process with benefits plan
providers, vendors, auditors, premiums, and plan
- Oversee planning and implementing of open enrollment activities
for medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending and HSA
- Oversee employee benefits and wellness education events,
communications and plan provider information sessions.
- Reconcile benefit premium collection and payments to vendors
and validate all benefit plan eligibility and enrollment data for
new hires, terminations, and plan year enrollment changes.
- Manage administration of the 401(K) plan, including employee
communications, coordination of Investment Committee meetings,
vendor management/relations, annual audit, discrimination testing,
and compliance mailings.
- Ensure compliance with ERISA, IRS, DOL, FMLA, USERRA, ACA, and
other federal, state, and local laws as applicable; partner with
the Director of HR, broker, and legal counsel.
- Work with the communications team to provide communications,
enrollment materials and presentations associated with the benefits
programs to educate and promote benefits to employees
- Develop compensation and benefits related HR systems solutions
with the HRIS team.
- Help with strategic projects as assigned to enhance benefit
offerings or evaluate new programs.
- Thorough knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA
- Bachelor's in Human Resources, Business or related field is
- 10 years of progressive experience in compensation and benefits
administration is required.
- 5 years of HRIS Software experience is required.
- Experience using HRIS systems (Workday) and managing benefits
and compensation via HRIS
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Consider both the short-term and longer-term impact of
decisions and keep goals in mind throughout the process.
- Demonstrate an ongoing awareness of budget by regularly
tracking expenses against budget projections to ensure that
spending levels can be adjusted.
- In-depth familiarity with HRIS, benefits and compensation
systems and structures.
- Take on moderately complex tasks with instruction and limited
- Oversee and train employees, to include organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Integrity and ability to hold confidential information.
Benefit eligible employees are offered a variety of plans to
help address their health and welfare needs, as well as the needs
of their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes
competitive pay. medical, dental, vision, EAP, paid parental leave,
health and financial wellness programs, life and disability
coverage as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with a company
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in
employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting
applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional
manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race,
color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an
accommodation during the application process, please contact Human
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party
agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited
resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must
be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno
Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: Cardno, Tampa , Compensation and Benefits Manager, Other , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!