Patient Collections Specialist
Company: American Addiction Centers
Posted on: June 9, 2021
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your
career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others,
then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture;
we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in
education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our
exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our
future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications
for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations.
Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality,
compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with
addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and
passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal
wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities: to include but not limited to the
- Complete admissions, intakes, and other financial
- Negotiate credit extensions, payment plans, private pay stays,
insurance deductibles, copays, and medication costs
- Throughout stay meets with client and recommends applicable and
appropriate treatment extensions to assist client to maximize
treatment outcomes and the possibility of long-term recovery.
- Collects payment for treatment extensions.
- Meets with client prior to discharge to collect any outstanding
finances or completes a payment arrangement
- Addresses any concerns pertaining to payment of services
provided and/or insurance coverage.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics to include
monthly rescue quotas.
- Knowledge of facility programs and communicates with
appropriate facility personnel regarding client financial
- Expected ongoing understanding and knowledge of insurance
trends with regards to authorization and reimbursement.
- Partner with Financial Consultant to review customer records
prior to admission to determine client's up-front
- Provides internal and external customer interface with families
as our Brand Promise Champion regarding the benefit of increased
positive outcomes associated with longer engagement in
- Participate in team planning meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration
preferred and/or combined with five years' collections
- 3-5 years of high-volume collections experience and
understanding of KPI's including (cash collected, conversion
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical finance and confidence to
discuss private pay/out of pocket cost with clients with varying
- Strategic and proactive thinker, ability to problem-solve
financial solutions for extended treatment.
- Candidates in recovery must have 2+ years of sobriety.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Knowledge of Managed Care, including understanding: of how
clients are authorized for levels of care, how insurance policies
reimburse specific to facility location, in-network vs. out of
network insurance, and in-network contracts.
- Strong medical collections background
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance copays, deductibles,
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all
employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that
are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Tampa , Patient Collections Specialist, Other , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!