Base Building Technician III
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's business. We are known
for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings
deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries
worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME)
are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to
make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain
all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our
customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our
About the Role
The Building Technician III supports operation, inspection, and
maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing
equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections
and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas,
including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems,
lighting, etc. The Building Technician III also ensures critical
infrastructure such as HVAC and fire suppression systems are
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But
wait, there is more: We provide lightweight fire resistant daily
wear and composite toe safety shoes for your safety!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of
their assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance
service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is
accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and
- Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job
assignments, appraisals and recognition.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of
building and equipment
- General interior maintenance - hang pictures, repair office
furniture systems, minor plumbing
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to;
painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general
maintenance as assigned.
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other
materials as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence
efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory
client occupancy and operations.
- Maintain and operate HVAC and building management system,
evaluate and improve chronic comfort issues
- Inspect, maintain, and document work done to life-safety
equipment such as fire suppression.
- Ensure compliance with both regulatory and industry
best-practices for volatile infrastructure such as pressure
vessels, electrical infrastructure with greater than 40 calories of
incident energy, etc.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good
housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety
hazards and propose methods to eliminate them
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and
disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational
process training programs
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain
compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as
directed, using work order system
- Must have ability to lift up to 49 pounds with or without
reasonable accommodation, and use ladders up to 30 feet.
- A valid state driver's license and pass MVR check
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected
of the Building Technician III role
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends,
nights, and/or holidays
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Completion of an applicable technical training program
- 3+ years of applicable working experience in general building
repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical
- 2+ years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a
large scale utility plant including boilers, reverse osmosis units,
chillers, cooling towers, diesel generators and electrical power
- Possess mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Experience working with established GMP procedures in the
operation and maintenance of utility equipment
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work
independently or on a team
- Ability to seek outside resources as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Tampa , Base Building Technician III, Other , Ruskin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!