Head Teller - Parrish
Company: South State Bank
Posted on: June 8, 2021
A Head Teller has the responsibility to take ownership of all
tasks and challenges that they encounter in the operation of their
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves customers quickly, accurately, efficiently and
confidentially according to the South State Bank Service
- Knows and understand the products and services offered by the
Bank. These include facts and features, benefits and advantages,
rules and regulations, price structure, and a simple definition of
each service offered.
- Able to identify customer needs and expectations by listening
for clues. Seeks the opportunity to expand customer relationships
by making referrals as outlined in the goals for this
- Presents a neat and professional personal appearance, in
accordance with bank policy.
- Knows and ensures compliance with all banking regulations to
include Regulation CC and Bank Secrecy Act
Perform the following teller duties:
- Processes transactions for savings, checking, and loan
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- May assist in guiding and training new tellers
- May allow customers access to safe deposit boxes
- Cashes checks and processes savings withdrawals within assigned
limits and in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Sells certified checks within assigned limits
- Balances transactions on a daily basis
- May service/balance ATM
- May utilize the branch capture system.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in completing
transactions, minimizing operational errors and maintaining a
proper work flow
- Knows and follows the branch's security and audit procedures
and understands the function and operation of the security
- Assures that branch records, reports and other correspondence
resulting from customer development attempts are correct, timely
and are properly distributed
- Provides leadership in all areas by setting an example for the
staff to follow. Personifies good customer relations and effective
selling and cross -selling in contacts with customers. Exemplifies
through actions and attitude the expectation of all staff
- Supervises designated staff members in their daily performance
of assigned tasks, which impacts decisions on personnel regarding
employment, performance ratings, promotions, salary, transfers, and
- Resolves routine personnel problems
HEAD TELLER FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrates expertise and quality performance in all levels of
the Teller job function as well as demonstrated leadership
- Additional Responsibilities will include Branch Operational
Responsibilities including vault and cash management duties as well
as supervising a staff of tellers.
- A Head Teller will typically be utilized in branches that have
5+ Teller FTE
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Cash Handling, Sales, Customer Service; Previous
banking experience preferred
- Knowledge: Good interpersonal skills, good computer skills,
ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Complete Teller School and pass the final exam to be assigned
to the branch. On the job training with another teller for 3-5 days
post teller school.
- Annual Regulatory Compliance training
- New Employee Orientation, Supervisory Training, Product
Knowledge Class, PC Navigator, Sales 101, Sales 201, as well as
continual update of processes and teller system.
- This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, must be able to stand
and/or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively
access and interpret information on computer screens, documents,
reports, and cash denominations, and identify customers.
This position does not require travel.
To be eligible to apply for an open position, a team member
Have completed a minimum of one (1) year of continuous
employment in their present position. (Team members who have
advanced in the same job through a career progression at the same
branch i.e. Teller I promoted to Teller II or a Customer Care Rep I
promoted to Customer Care Rep II, for job posting purposes, will be
considered as having continuous employment in their present
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the positions
- Not be on probation or on a final written warning
- Not have another posting application submitted
- Be employed as a full time or part time employee
Interested internal candidates are required to notify their
supervisor prior to applying for an open position. For more
information on these policies, see pgs. 46-47 of Team Member
Keywords: South State Bank, Tampa , Head Teller - Parrish, Other , Parrish, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!