RF Hardware Design Engineer
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Candidate will be responsible for designing, developing,
testing, and evaluating RF, Microwave, and Analog hardware
solutions. Responsibilities will apply to existing and new products
and seeing the process from concept through production and test.
Candidate will be guided by senior engineers to develop and
evaluate alternative approaches and architectures to satisfy
requirements. Candidate will design primarily at the schematic and
breadboard levels, working closely with CAD designers in the
development of layouts. Candidate will be a part of the development
team that primarily develops radio products for government,
military, and commercial customers.
- Select components to satisfy requirements for
- Utilize development boards, breadboards, analysis, and
simulations to design.
- Work with software, mechanical, and RF engineers to develop
- Design circuits at the schematic level.
- Work closely with CAD designers to produce board layouts.
- Test circuit boards to prove they function as expected, debug
- Assist in the development of production-level tests and
participate in testing.
- Document results of testing.
- Support transition to production.
- Perform failure analysis on problem areas.
- Document results of testing and failure analysis.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on
functional and performance requirements, product designs,
schedules, or potential problems.
- Experience in RF/Microwave/Analog circuit board
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 3-5 years of
prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 2 years of
- Ability to setup and operate RF test equipment such as Spectrum
Analyzers, Network Analyzers, etc.
- Ability to generate schematics.
- Ability to read and understand datasheets for RF and Analog
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software products.
- Experience with embedded design, production, and testing.
- Experience with Allegro, OrCAD, PADS, and/or Altium
- Experienced in design using microcontrollers and RF modules
(transmitters and receivers).
- Accustomed to documenting designs and testing procedures.
- Experience in design of RF and Microwave circuits such as
amplifiers, filters, and synthesizers.
- Experience in design of power supply circuits using DC-DC
converters and linear regulators.
- Experience with rechargeable batteries, battery chargers, and
- Experience in low power design.
- Experience with antenna analysis and design.
- Knowledge of modern communication system architectures and
- Familiarity with HDI PCB construction is a plus.
- Familiarity with communications standards (cellular, WiFi,
Bluetooth) is a plus.
- DSP experience and implementation are a plus.
CLEARABLE to TOP SECRET. This position requires the ability to
obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Clearance
processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors
considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Tampa , RF Hardware Design Engineer, Other , oldsmar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!