Posted on: July 22, 2019
The System Administrators focus will be on the ongoing support and
administration (Installation/Upgrades) of all the companies
Infrastructure Systems Hardware, Software and any other related
infrastructure. This individual is responsible for ensuring that
system hardware, software (including Operating System) and other
infrastructure systems adhere to company standards.
The System Administrator will partake in team projects as well as
individual projects (Infrastructure design and modifications), and
be heavily involved with planning and testing phases. Some of these
activities include research and documentation, defining needs,
benefits, technical analysis, design and implementation, as well as
proper testing and roll-out strategies.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
owning, tracking and resolving system infrastructure related issues
and requests (tickets), fulfilling requests and resolving incidents
within SLAs. Infrastructure Provisioning, Operations and Support,
including after-hours maintenance and support is required.
• B.S. or B.A. in Engineering or Computer Science or
• 4+ years of IT experience, with at least 3+ years administration
experience in a large enterprise system infrastructure.
• Familiarity with ESX/Hyper-V or related VM Environment.
• Strong Experience with Microsoft Products, specifically Server
2000, 2003, 2008, 2012.
• Strong Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Active
Directory, DNS, File Server, Print Server, SCCM, Clustering, and
• Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012 and Clustering
• Experience with NAS/SAN solutions and technologies.
• Experience with Networking technologies such as LANs, WANs,
Internet and Intranet Systems and Network Segments.
• Administration Experience of Routers, Switches, Load Balancers
and Firewalls are a plus (Cisco).
• Experience with Corporate Backup Solutions (Backups and
Restores), preferably Symantec Backup Exec. Replication experience
is a plus.
• Experience with Corporate Anti-Virus/Encryption Solutions,
preferably McAfee Products.
• Ability to monitor and modify System performance such as, CPU,
memory, disk I/O, disk space and other resources.
• Experience with Corporate Change Management and Security Audit
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing technologies.
• Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent
• Strong Communication Skills, Professionalism, and ability to work
independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to manage, multitask and prioritize multiple
• Linux Experience is a plus.
• Performance Tuning, and Optimization of System
• Installation of new or rebuilt servers, including configuration
of Operating System, Hardware (Memory, NIC), Services, Drivers,
Directories and Patching.
• Perform Daily Backup Operations using appropriate media such as
tapes or disk and send recycled media offsite.
• Perform and monitor Corporate Backups as outlined in company
policy. This includes end users files, server directories, and VMs
(vmdk) via VM Backup Agents using company set retention
• Maintenance of Syslog Server, including archiving and purging of
• Daily monitoring of System availability, resources (CPU, Memory,
Disk Space), and hardware as well as file archival and purging.
• Apply Security Patches and needed system upgrades as required by
• Maintain detailed Infrastructure documentation.
• Maintain McAfee ePO infrastructure (Anti-Virus, Encryption, Loss
• Perform Multiple and varying tasks, projects and requests for
assistance as assigned.
• Provide Network administration assistance as required.
• Participate in on-call and after hours support.
Keywords: , Tampa , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Maitland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!