ServiceNow Discovery Administrator - Information Systems (IS)
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Amgen is seeking a ServiceNow (Now) Discovery Administrator - Information Systems (IS) candidate within the Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Platform team. The Discovery Administrator will report to the Senior Manager IS - ESM Platforms - ServiceNow and will work at Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.This Discovery Administrator will collaborate with business stakeholders, project and operational support teams to provide deep technical expertise on the ServiceNow platform. The role requires leading and participating in proof of concepts and feasibility analysis workshops to design solutions, along with deploying new capabilities and enhancements to the platform. Amgen has deployed 30+ business applications over the past 7 years; a function of the Discovery Administrator role is to help influence our strategic roadmap with our key SaaS provider, ServiceNow, while refreshing key NOW services at Amgen.This role will immediately focus on enabling a state-of-the-art CMDB (Configuration Management Database) with full discovery features, as Amgen deploys a new Production instance focused on "out of the box" functions. Partnered with ServiceNow, this role will be involved in the enablement of a NOW London+ instance. The Discovery Administrator will work with a highly collaborative, agile team to learn and deploy additional applications with new Now capabilities, such as artificial intelligence & automation hub, providing reliable information to serve and protect Amgen. There will be unique opportunities to learn best-of-breed cloud discovery, processing automation and machine learning along with new deployments of: HRSD, GRC, PPM, etc.The ESM - Platform team focuses on managing all aspects of Amgen's key service management system ServiceNow. The ESM - Platforms Team closely cooperates with other teams such as Global Business Services (GBS) Technology, Service Owners, Quality, and strategic external partners.Key Activities for the Discovery Administrator include:
- Performs Configuration Management/Discovery tasks in support of configuration control, change management and governance boards to baseline, analyze, update, and maintain the technical baseline in support of interoperability, integration and accuracy of IT services/systems
- Manages Configuration Items and Assets with London+ NOW technology, including: Service Mapping, top-down service modeling, ML-based machine learning algorithms, and bulk mapping
- Configures CMDB Health KPIs in CMDB dashboards, health reports and metrics to achieve a high level of accuracy with configuration Items (CIs)
- Provides primary support for CMDB troubleshooting, exception handling process, and continuous improvement of processes leveraging state-of-the-art technologies
- Communicates and works effectively with cross functional areas including: ITIL process owners, Business Owners, Service Owners, Quality, etc.
- Plans and schedules configuration/asset development tasks, creating realistic plans incorporating time constraints and task priorities
- 10% domestic travel can be expectedBasic Qualifications: Master's degreeORBachelor's degree and 2 years ofInformation Systems experienceORAssociate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experienceOR High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years' experience with ServiceNow or proven ServiceNow implementation or development experience
- 1+ years' experience working in a highly agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) environment
- Certifications: ServiceNow System Administrator & ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
- Characteristics include: highly motivated and laser focused on daily governance, process & exception oversight to make everything right, collaborating in a Configuration Management Team
- Expertise in complementary areas: Networking, Infrastructure, Change Management, Security, ITIL, Service Management, etc.
- Configuration Management/Asset Management/Discovery Administration experience
- Event Management, IT Operations Management (ITOM)
- Experience in all aspects of SDLC from requirements, design, and testing to support
- Experience with ITIL and Service Management processes
- Experience working cross-functionally and building collaborative working relationships; interfacing effectively with stakeholders, operations and management to resolve issues
- Able to organize and schedule tasks, develop realistic action plans incorporating time constraints and task priorities
- Strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivation, exemplifying a positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Forward thinking, assertive, and ability to focus on finding and developing unique opportunities to create value by enabling and engaging in creative dialogue with various key stakeholders
- Demonstrates technical mastery in business, data, and problem analysis
- Demonstrates leadership, and project management skills as well as strong personal commitment to quality serviceAmgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..
Keywords: Amgen, Tampa , ServiceNow Discovery Administrator - Information Systems (IS), IT / Software / Systems , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!