Senior Associate Software Engineer - MuleSoft
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Job DescriptionAmgen is a science-based company with a long history of research in human therapeutics, biologic development, and manufacturing; Amgen believes that technological innovation happening today in software design and automation will provide significant advances in biologic research and patient care.The Senior Associate Software Engineer will report to the Senior Manager Information Systems and will work out of Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.Description:A Senior Associate Software Engineer will create well written, high performing APIs and Micro services. They will efficiently implement reusable, maintainable and testable software while ensuring that all services meet functional and quality requirements.Aside from building new API, the engineer will design new interfaces for existing APIs and efficiently manage all the enterprise API through Anypoint Exchange. A good understanding of working in a cloud environment and prior security experience is necessary to perform the role requirements.This technical resource must have strong understanding of MuleSoft products, API integrations, and web application development. This role must be able to work independently to design, develop and document needed code sets to requirements following our standards and process. Should be able to use judgment, creativity and strong technical knowledge to resolve the road blocks and provide innovative solutions to technical challenges.A level 4 resource should have some leadership experience playing a technical lead role and being innovative. It includes an ability to work with a project team that may not know anything about Mule or its integration capabilities, so the resource will also sell the platform to show its value when it comes to integration. The resource will bring new ideas and better/efficient ways of solving problems through technology.Development
- Good understanding of API led architecture and reuse. Create detailed technical design specifications for new integrations. Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of hands-on experience with MuleSoft - ESB Enterprise Edition, DataWeave and API Management. Hands-on experience on MuleSoft API Management and Anypoint Cloudhub Platform.
- Demonstrable proficiency in designing Mule components (Mule ESB, Anypoint Studio, ETLs, flows, MEL, message modelling, Routing, Filtering, Database, Exception Handling, API Management).
- Proficient in the use of Anypoint Connectors (Components and Transformers).
- Experience designing Mule ESB templates.
- Application design using Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JAX-RS, Jersey, Eclipse OR .Net , VisualStudio
- Understanding and experience of Java Messaging Services (JMS), MQ (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, IBMMQ).
- Proficiency in medium to complex XML schema and XSLT design and maintenance.
- Experience with capacity planning, scalability, performance, load testing
- Understanding of and ability to invoke web services - REST (with RAML or JSON/XML), ODATA, SOAP (with WSDL). Ability to debug using tools like SOAPUI/Postman.
- Proficiency in web service design using RAML/OpenAPI/Swagger, WSDLs, ODATA and RSS/ATOM.
- Experience of database access protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, SQL
- Security - as a user of LDAP, Active Directory, OAuth2(Okta), SAML,DevOPS
- Experience in Maven based project development and testing automation of mule flows in a Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment scenario.
- Jenkins/Github automated code propagation from DEV to TEST to PROD.Process / Methodology
- Understand latest architecture, technology, solutions, and serve as the key internal client facing technical resource. Focus on systems integration using the optimal components from available suite.
- Facilitate the adoption of standard project frameworks, methodologies, and procedures.
- Work with the Solution Architect to define integration principles and patterns.
- Understand project goals and define approach to needed development
- Work within an agile project management structure to deliver necessary designs, code and documentation in Jira/Confluence.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environmentTest/debug
- Automated testing experience using MUNIT & HP ALM /Selenium/Appium/ SOAPUI
- Good understanding of TCP/IP; firewall management; and Cloud infrastructureRequired Skills:Master's degreeORBachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experienceORAssociate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experienceOR High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Skills:
- Certified MuleSoft Developer/Architect
- Experience building micro-services
- Mobile development in either iOS or Android
- SAP knowledgeProvide technical expertise, and business knowledge of detailed design, development and/or support activities for the integration development team.Work with our Architects to create scalable and manageable designs and implement enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies, utilizing MuleSoft Anypoint Platform. API Management or other Mule products.Leverage MuleSoft technology by developing reusable product extensions and by writing knowledge articles based on experience, while assisting in identifying other opportunities in which the MuleSoft platform could provide a solution.Help to manage release schedule, change request process, and report status of development releases within the integration development team.Use strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design, flow and performance.Experience in an Agile Scrum Methodology environment a plusParticipate in the discussions and whiteboarding sessions to understand the integration requirementsGuidance on choosing the right deployment architecture for MuleSoft environment based upon the current landscape and future requirementsHigh level Design review of critical interfaces and recommendationsUnderstand and design for the non-functional requirementsAssess and identify areas to leverage API management capabilitiesProvide guidance on effective use of MuleSoft and best practices via brown bag sessions/demonstrations.Some networking knowledgeAPI security knowledge.A track record of leadership and people developmentA willingness and ability to report to a local office, building team synergy and can travel as neededKnowledge of WCF and Web API style integrations and when to choose one over the other.Bonus points if you have experience using MuleSoft's suite of products (Anypoint Platform, Designer Center, Management Center, Connectors Exchange), MuleSoft - ESB Enterprise Edition, CloudHub and API.Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..
Keywords: Amgen, Tampa , Senior Associate Software Engineer - MuleSoft, IT / Software / Systems , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!