Food and Nutrition Services Assistant
Company: Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL OF TAMPA--Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been
providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south
Tampa and the surrounding community for over 30 years. Recent
renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has
kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care,
including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery,
outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With
a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled
employees, it---s no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing
reputation for excellence.--Our parent company, HCA, is the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services. -- --POSITION
The Food and Nutrition Services--Assistant performs a variety of
tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition
support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding,
slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes,
glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of
- May assist with food stocking.
- Serves food in-- cafeteria for visitors and staff and in
patients room following dietary, sanitary and safety
- Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when
- Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives
for determining food items for each tray.
- Delivers food trays to patient areas.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 6 months food service experience preferred, previous--
experience in hospital food services preferred.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Memorial Hospital of Tampa, Tampa , Food and Nutrition Services Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!