Company: The Westin Tampa Waterside
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-FL-Tampa# of Openings: 3Category: Food and
BeveragePosition Type: On-CallFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Escape to The Westin Tampa Waterside, situated on a unique
landscaped island in downtown Tampa. Adjacent to the Tampa
Convention Center, our location is convenient for business and
leisure travelers alike. Our associates enjoy free meals, free dry
cleaning of uniforms, incredible benefits and a fun work
environment. Come and see why we are the employer of choice in
Assist Banquet Manager in the serving of guests during banquet
functions to ensure positive guest experience.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include
linen, serviceware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function
particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the
expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the
banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course
and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements
pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to
Supervisor's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for
the following function.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their
job duties and be a team player with or without reasonable
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations,
service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the
appropriate table settings and serviceware.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling
instructions to enable the safe application of products and
processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a
continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage
equipment, e.g., coffee maker with or without reasonable
- Ability to stand for long periods of time with or without
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Westin Tampa Waterside, Tampa , Banquet Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!