Company: The Westshore Grand, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Overview Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and
production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure
not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and
Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation,
freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or
possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated
storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost
problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler,
stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table,
tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned. About Us The
Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, is a unique and stylish
hotel that defines an authentically modern Florida lifestyle. The
Westshore Grand offers distinctive, luxurious Florida-inspired
design, as well as an energetic and service-minded atmosphere.
Conveniently located in the Westshore business district, just five
miles from downtown Tampa and the Tampa Convention Center, our
hotel is ideal for business and for play. Some of the benefits we
offer to our associates include free meals, complimentary covered
parking, monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, and hotel
room discounts throughout the Marriott, Starwood, and Ritz Carlton
portfolios. Apply today to join our growing team! Qualifications
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
Keywords: The Westshore Grand, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!