Cook 1 (Tampa Airport)
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment Job Title: Cook Position Summary
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or
cold food items, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath
Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized,
and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Performs other duties assigned Non-essential Functions:
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures Education &
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in
culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in
back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred Knowledge, Skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath's
Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
brooms Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken
glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water. *Nothing in this job
description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities on this job at any time. Delaware North
Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Delaware North, Tampa , Cook 1 (Tampa Airport), Hospitality & Tourism , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!