Registered Nurse Psychiatric Care PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of
our Psychiatric Care team. Join us in our efforts to better our
Behavioral Health Unit
Here at Memorial Hospital of Tampa we have established an Adult
Behavioral Health unit in a secured area of the hospital that
offers short-term treatment to stabilize patients age 18 and over
who are experiencing a crisis that cannot be managed in an
outpatient setting. After a comprehensive assessment, we provide an
individualized treatment plan.
- Number of Staff: 29
- Bed count: 34 beds
- Types of Cases Commonly Seen: Depression, Anxiety, Chemical
Dependency, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorder, Bipolar, Substance
- RN to patient ratio: 1:6
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Mental Health Technicians
- Schedules: 12-hour shift
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting (""Electronic Health Record"")
for patient assessment and care documentation via Meditech
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for
the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has
significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of
We have a team approach on the unit. Because a number of factors
impact a person's mental health, we take a team approach to
treatment. These healthcare professionals work together to address
each person's unique needs. Our team includes:
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Registered nurses
- Behavioral health technicians
- Rehabilitation therapists
Services that we provide to our patients:Neurotherapy (ECT),
Psychiatric assessment and treatment, Management of some medical
conditions, Medication management, Dietary consultation,
Recreational therapy assessment and treatment, Psychotherapy
(individual and group), Education for patients and families on
diagnosis, treatment options and medications and Assistance with
discharge planning and financial issues.
The registered nurse oversees and direct the care of psychiatric
patients within the Behavioral Health unit. The RN performs
therapeutic measures prescribed and delegated by the physician and
participates in patient education and rehabilitation and provides
interpretation of treatment to the patient and the patient's
family. The RN coordinates unit activities and assures
accountability of all assigned tasks.
- You will be the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all
disciplines for well-coordinated care for your patients.
- This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting
personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by
- Observe patients closely to prevent falls. In the event of a
fall, immediately assess and reassess within 2 hours.
- Assessment completed within 4 hours of admission, each shift
and as needed by patient condition.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition and at
least every 24 shift.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care:
records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individual's spiritual and
- Changes in patient's physiological, behavioral and medical
status are recognized, reported and documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented
and reported to the physician.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff
continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals
based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, 183 beds,has been providing
comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for
more than 40 years.Recent renovations and the addition of
state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to
provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine,
diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care
for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a
team of caring, skilled employees, it's no wonder Memorial Hospital
has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified,
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- 1 year RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- CPI a plus. CPI, TIC, and BERT training required within 60 days
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS
- National certification (PMH RN) required within 6 months of
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying
of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written
instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Tampa , Registered Nurse Psychiatric Care PRN, Healthcare , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!