Research Project Specialist, Immunology department
Company: Moffitt Cancer Center
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Magnolia Campus, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Hours per Pay Period
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus
on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission
of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To
contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition
of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986,
dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have
remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by
kindness, caring, and hope.
The Pilon-Thomas Lab department is seeking for a Research Project
- The Research Project Specialist serves as a supervisor/project
coordinator for the TIL program.
- Creates, modifies and maintains databases for research samples.
Works under the supervision of the PI.
- The Research Project Specialist assists with the management of
study samples and data.
- Works independently under minimal supervision to coordinate the
activities of assigned research protocols. Also may conduct and
perform experiments as part of the research team under the general
guidance of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas.
- Research is focused on strategies to enhance Tumor Infiltrating
Lymphocyte (TIL) therapy in patients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an experienced researcher with knowledge in techniques and
methodologies of Immunology
- Is familiar with multi-color Flow cytometry
- Has extensive experience with T cell culture, immunological
assays, and processing human blood cells
- The Research Project Specialist works with the assigned PI and
the research team working on the assigned projects/protocols.
- Job duties may include preparing documents for
clinical/laboratory protocols and database management.
- Promote a collaborative environment within the laboratory and
with outside collaborators
- Provide supervision and guidance to other lab members with
their ongoing projects
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with a minimum of 4 years
of relevant experience required; Master's in relevant field with a
minimum 2 years work experience preferred.
- Hands on experience necessary, along with experience in the use
of basic office equipment, computers and MS Office software.
- Must have the ability to work well under the pressure of
meeting mandatory deadlines.
- Must have good organization skills and careful attention to
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple
- Need to have the ability to read, write, interpret and apply
instructions to assigned activities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with database management, project planning and
working within the context of timelines and deliverables; also,
experience with managing multiple experiments/projects,
prioritizing workflows. Must be able to deliver results in a timely
and resource effective manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected
veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and
personal and professional experience, have prepared them to
contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Keywords: Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa , Research Project Specialist, Immunology department, Healthcare , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!