Inpatient Care Nurse
Posted on: February 14, 2019
*To be considered for this position, you MUST hold Florida residency in addition to an active FL RN licensure. All other applicants will be rejected.* The Inpatient Care Nurse reports to our scenic Rocky Point location in West Tampa and has an eclectic mix of team members that support the business and one another. The opportunity also offers competitive benefits and long term professional growth. InterQual or Milliman (MCG) experience is highly preferred! Works collaboratively with supervisors, providers, community resources, and facilities to establish and implement processes to support delivery of effective utilization management. Coordinates assignments to manage daily census. Acts as clinical specialist and utilization management subject matter expert for complex situations. Provides mentoring and training to other inpatient utilization review nurses. Champions compliance requirements.
- Telephonically reviews medical information in order to determine the medical necessity of continued stay according to review standards. Determines whether treatments are consistent with member's diagnosis and appropriate level of care.
- Uses critical thinking to determine if treatments are consistent with member's diagnosis and clinical needs. Ensures services provided are within benefit plan and that appropriate contracted providers are utilized.
- Identifies needed information. Works with providers to obtain the information pertinent to evaluating treatment plan, medical necessity, appropriateness of care, timely progression of services and appropriate application of available benefits.
- Initiates interactions with providers regarding anticipated progression of care and transitions across treatment settings. Facilitates referrals for follow up providers and support services.
- Evaluates clinical information to identify and present cases during rounds. This includes identification of members at high risk for complicated medical treatment plans, readmissions potential, and admissions for potentially avoidable conditions.
- Prepares cases for review by medical director when condition or treatment plan varies from established guidelines.
- Documents clinical updates, authorizations, and referrals in the health plan care management system adhering to health plan documentation standards.
- Provides members and/or treating providers with resources to enhance their ability to access services.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Additional Responsibilities:
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Candidate Experience:
- Required 2 years of experience in Acute medical hospital experience (medical/surgical, emergency room, orthopedic, neurological care experience
- Preferred 2 years of experience in UM, CCM, Clinical Criteria, or other nursing specialty certification
- Preferred 2 years of experience in discharge planning Candidate Skills:
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Registered Nurse (RN) Technical Skills:
- Required Beginner Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Healthcare Management Systems (Generic) Languages:
About usHeadquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.
Keywords: Wellcare, Tampa , Inpatient Care Nurse, Healthcare , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!