Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Specialist
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Tampa, Florida. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Specialist job in Tampa, Florida. The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday day scheduleHolidays offFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Specialist Job Overview:
- Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist in the following areas: Adult Health; Adult-Gerontology; Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health; Advanced Diabetes Management; Gerontology; Home Health; Pediatric; Public/Community Health
- Provides case management, care coordination and discharge planning for inpatient and outpatient care.
- Facilitates service members and/or veterans, family members and other caregivers with securing the best option for care and services to meet their complex needs. This involves acute, chronic, complex catastrophic and life threatening illnesses, to include post combat stress, residual effects of traumatic brain injury, reintegration and adjustment to the community as well as coping with addictions and other health problems.
- Coordinates care between patients and their PCM teams, referral management and specialist providers.
- Addresses psychosocial as well as nursing and medical needs of patients and their families/caregivers, via implementation with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Evaluates quality of care and outcomes to ensure that it is in compliance of a high reliability organization.
- Practice independently and collaboratively with other members of the health careteam to ensure a comprehensive plan of care for the patient.
- Technically direct andteach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service trainingto staff members.
- Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and families for case managementfrom a variety of sources such as discharge/disposition planning referrals, theMedical Evaluation Board (MEB) process, the healthcare system, employers andfacility staff.
- Develops an appropriate patient-specific plan of care to include short and longterm goals, objectives and actions.
- Coordinates, collaborates and obtains approval of the plan from patient and multi-disciplinary team.
- Guides the patient and family through the healthcare system, maximizing use of resources.
- Coordinates and executes the plan of care, optimizing access toappropriate services.
- Ensures necessary referrals are ordered and follow up care iskept intact. Advocates for the patient and family.
- Coordinates delivery of care for this facility as well as alternate healthcare settings and the homecare, with the intended purpose of improving quality of life, overallwellness, safety and productivity through a cost effective approach.
- Employs avariety of military and community resources beneficial to the patient and family.
- Provides documentation of care and ensures updates to the treatment plan asappropriate IAW DoD, AF, local and MOA/MOE with network facilities.
- Monitors and evaluates patient compliance, expedience of care from specialtiesand PCM teams to include follow ups, treatments delivery and utilization ofresources. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the facility's case management program.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose ofinforming the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefitthe patient/family and organization.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, andcontinuous quality improvement. Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Specialist Job Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Nursing, preferable
- Minimum of an Associate or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited regional or national agency recognized by the Accreditation Commission forEducation in Nursing (ACEN).
- Graduate from an academic program, within the nursing specialty field of study that is accredited by a regional or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the ACEN or the CCNE.
- Certified in the specialty as a Clinical Nurse Specialist by ANCC or the recognized national nursing certification organization for the specialty or Certification Eligible with 2 years of clinical experience for ADN or BSN in full time clinical case management role for all age groups.
- Minimum of 2 years full time experience for ADN and BSN degrees employed as a clinical case management working across the entire life span
- RN Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Tampa , Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Specialist, Healthcare , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!