Registered Nurse OR Clinical Educator Full Time Days
Company: Adventist Health Systems
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Registered Nurse RN Operating Room (OR) Clinical Educator Full Time (FT) Days
Top Reasons Why You Want to Work at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel:
- Ranked #1 in Places to Work by the Tampa Bay Times in 2017
- Listed among the Top 5% of hospitals in the country for Patient Experience
- Driving distance to some of Americas best beaches and Walt Disney World
- State-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care.
- 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center (includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool)
- Beautiful hospital chapel and healing gardens with spiritual care support, regardless of your faith
- Career growth, and advancement potential
- Low state tax and low-cost living
More information on Wesley Chapel, FL:
- Location of Wesley Chapel, FL via Google Maps
- Local Activities in Wesley Chapel via Trip Advisor
- Best Restaurants in Wesley Chapel via Trip Advisor
- ASSESSMENT: Facilitates annual education needs assessment for department. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing professional development practice. Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience and the learner needs.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Develops programs for unit or group specific, based on identified educational needs or staff/nursing leadership requests. Identifies the general purpose and educational objectives for each learning activity as evidenced by clearly defined objectives and purpose for the learning activity. Identifies expected outcomes that incorporate scientific evidence and are achievable through implementation of evidence-based practices. Provides learning activities for clinical staff at least 4 times per year as evidenced by competency skills fairs, orientation classes, in-services, Resource Nurse training, and continuing education programs. Develops creative educational offering for nursing staff, focused on cultural diversity and sensitivity and participates in the implementation. Presents an educational program or in-service with focus on safe practice of nursing.
- RESEARCH/EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE: Analyzes content of educational materials for best-practice or evidence based practice. Participates in and uses evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving professional development activities, nursing practice and patient outcomes. Participates in research activities appropriate to level of education and experience. Leads a team or committee in the development of an evidence-based protocol or program, either within area of specialty or organization wide. Supports the safe practice of nursing by providing expertise in the review and revision or writing of new policy /procedure/protocol.
- EVALUATION: Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop activities to facilitate learners achievement of the educational objectives. Ensures that the planned educational activities are achieved as evidenced by development of course outlines and curriculum. Conducts a comprehensive evaluation of the education/program activity. Evaluates effectiveness of activity and makes appropriate changes to ensure objectives are achieved. Uses the results of evaluation analysis to make or recommend process or structural changes, including policy, procedure, protocols, or documentation. Facilitates unit based or organizational competency validation, specific to cultural/spiritual needs, by developing skill content to be tested or acts as content expert and validates competency.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Attends continuing education programs as needed. Maintains own educational/nursing knowledge in order to assure education delivered is of the highest quality. Maintains all required certifications in a timely manner.
- COMPASSION BEHAVIORS: Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests. Demonstrates honesty and fairness in all that they do and accepts accountability for their actions. Recognize and anticipate the needs of others and go beyond their job to exceed expectations of those we serve. Greets everyone they encounter with a smile, using caring tone during conversations, and makes frequent and appropriate eye contact. Use common courtesy practices such as helping lost individuals, saying please and thank you, and knocking on a patient's door before entering. Proactively support a culture of safety and quality. Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and non-verbal communication. Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers. Display support in organizational decisions in their communication and actions. Refrains from gossiping and spreading rumors. Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate teamwork.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to, maintenance of yearly annual staff competencies, annual certifications and re-certifications, licensure, scheduling and maintaining in-services, mandatory training such as; annual fire drill, MH training, etc as well as unit competencies, clinical ladder programs, policy review, research based on best practices through evidence based learning, and any additional duties or responsibilities as directed by the Director of Surgical Services.
- Knowledge of educational assessment, planning, evaluation, outcomes.
- Knowledge of core nursing concepts
- Knowledge of Surgical Services, PAT/Pre-Op/OR/PACU/SPD
- Knowledge of AORN and AAMI standards.
- Knowledge of Labor and Delivery as it pertains to C-Sections and surgical suite (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice (Preferred)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) upon hire
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the OR upon hire
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with Masters in Nursing (MSN) or equivalent (Preferred)
- Teaching certificate (Preferred)
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida or Licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement upon hire
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) upon hire
- American Heart Association BLS certification upon hire
- American Heart Association ACLS certification upon hire
- American Heart Association BLS Instructor certification within 6 (six) months of hire date
- American Heart Association ACLS Instructor certification within 1 (one) year of hire date
- American Heart Association PALS Instructor certification within 2 (two) years of hire date
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances
Keywords: Adventist Health Systems, Tampa , Registered Nurse OR Clinical Educator Full Time Days, Healthcare , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!