Director Of Housekeeping
Company: The Westshore Grand, a Tribute
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-FL-Tampa# of Openings: 1Category: HousekeepingPosition
Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout Us
The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, is a unique and
stylish hotel that defines an authentically modern Florida
lifestyle. The Westshore Grand offers distinctive, luxurious
Florida-inspired design, as well as an energetic and service-minded
atmosphere. Conveniently located in the Westshore business
district, just five miles from downtown Tampa and the Tampa
Convention Center, our hotel is ideal for business and for play.
Some of the benefits we offer to our associates include free meals,
complimentary covered parking, monthly birthday and anniversary
celebrations, and hotel room discounts throughout the Marriott,
Starwood, and Ritz Carlton portfolios. Apply today to join our
Ensure that the cleanliness standards of the guestrooms, meeting
areas, public areas, and back-of-the-house are met through the
optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient
management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest
service scores and comments.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff workload to ensure compliance
with cleanliness and maintenance standards, which requires
continuous visual and written inspections of guestrooms and public
- Develop housekeeping and laundry budget.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
- Conduct periodic inventory of guest supplies, small equipment
and linen as required.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor
- Schedule labor to flex with forecasted hotel occupancy, F and B
activity, and group events.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance
evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve
problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, dcor, etc. Make
recommendations and assist in the coordination of preventative
maintenance program and rehab projects.
- Ensure compliance of housekeeping and laundry standard
operating procedures and policies.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years management experience, with at least 3 years in
- Experience managing in-house operated laundry operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all housekeeping and laundry
operations and individual job requirements.
- Able to work with other department leaders.
- Able to resolve guest, supervisor and associate conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their
job duties and be a team player with or without reasonable
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Westshore Grand, a Tribute, Tampa , Director Of Housekeeping, Executive , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!