Business Analysis Manager, Global Accounting
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Business Analysis Manager, Global AccountingEquinix is searching
for a process automation-minded accounting professional to join our
Global Accounting team. Business Analysis Manager, Global
Accounting uses technical and organizational skills to identify
possibilities for improvement and drives systematic solutions.
He/she has knowledge that encompasses accounting, information
technology and software, and assists in driving process
standardization and in recommending the optimal use of system tools
and system enhancement. This position will support Equinix's
worldwide accounting organization.
What is the role about?
- Identifies process gaps and issues, supports findings with data
analysis, and recommends areas for improvement; Identifies
time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that
are reliable and scalable.
- Design governance structure to drive global consistency.
- Works closely with Continuous Improvement function within the
Global Controllership Organization as well as Finance
Transformation & Strategy team in process automation, utilizing
SQL, ERP tools and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Responsible for providing expertise and best practice
recommendations to Management.
- Assist in developing the KPI for Global Accounting organization
to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting
Operation. Proactively assesses solutions from multiple angles,
recommends and assists in implementing enhancements by working
closely with IT on solution design and development of processes,
systems and workflows. Provides recommendations to leadership on
impacts, possible/necessary alternatives, and critical milestones
regarding process changes.
- Develops & maintains knowledge of Lean quality improvement
Level 1 Support:
- Serves as subject matter expert associated with the Oracle
functional areas of General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Global
Intercompany, and Accounts Payables and other systems/tools that
Equinix utilizes in its accounting process.
- Responsible for training, on-boarding, and general system
- Providing one-on-one support, explanations, and guidance to
users regarding accounting systems.
- Responsible for translating the user's needs into
technicalities, while also acting as a filter in determining what
is truly needed.
System setup / Data maintenance:
- Work closely with business users, Continuous Improvement
function within the Global Controllership Organization and IT to
define and prioritize business related issues associated with
systems; and enhancement releases.
- Recommend system enhancement through the established global
Equinix process for reviewing and prioritizing system
- Apply functional Oracle knowledge to the design and
customization of Oracle and related applications to meet the
organization's requirements. Understands the content, processes and
procedures associated with implementing and maintaining
- Support day-to-day business activities and objectives e.g.
Chart of Account data maintenance and integrity, data validation
rules design and approval
- User responsibility maintenance of system:
- Approval Management Engine (AME) for Journals;
- AGIS transactions;
- Others as required.
BRD development / User Acceptance Testing (UAT) management:
- Creates Business Requirements Document, managing
cross-functional and cross-regional reviews.
- Reviews functional design, working with IT to ensure solution
- Work closely with IT on UAT test case creation, test cycle
coordination and execution, and highlight risks & issues and report
progress to Management.
- Post UAT follow-up and training.
- Provides training to various ReconNET
- Develops job breakdowns, job aids, and training tools.
- Develops and delivers end-user learning opportunities including
consultations and coaching, 1:1 session, classroom/online
trainings, user assessments, and feedback reporting to promote
acceptance and optimal use of procedures and workflows for research
- Identifies training needs through user and system assessments
and end-user observations.
Assist in documentation of finance policies and processes. SOX
- Coordinate an annual accounting system control walk-through
with the external auditor and corporate finance team by working
closely with IT.
Who are you?
- Candidate should possess strong understanding of
finance/accounting business process and ERP system experience.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
with a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Extensive experience of process improvement and system
- Experience in Oracle ERP (R12) suite with focus in General
Ledger, Fixed Assets, Global Intercompany, and Accounts
- Experience in any of the following tools and technologies is a
big plus: Trintech Cadency, Certification, ReconNET, Reporting
Tools- OBIEE, Hyperion, Excel4 Apps, Oracle Report Manager, and/or
- Understanding of RPA technology and its impact on Accounting
- Experience with SOX controls, compliance and change management
for business systems
- Experience working in a cross-functional global
- Ability to communicate with clear, direct language when
describing workflows and procedures; avoid overusing technical
terms or company jargon; use outlines to clarify the sequence of
tasks and diagrams or charts to provide a visual picture of the
- Ability to facilitate the process of gathering and documenting
user/project requirements; Build FDD and work with Technical team
to complete requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong
analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly
changing business environment.
Please use the link to apply and we'll get back to you as soon as
We look forward to meeting you!
Keywords: Equinix, Tampa , Business Analysis Manager, Global Accounting, Executive , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!