Product Management ( Development Product Owner ) USAA Bank: Experienced Program Mgt Professionals
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Development Product
Owners for our San Antonio, Tx Home Office as well as our Regional
Offices in: Plano, TX; Tampa, FL; Phoenix, AZ; Chesapeake, VA; or
Colorado Springs, CO.
--- Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand,
analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that
business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective
--- Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer needs, as well
as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business
value and delivery.
--- Works within multiple evolving development methodologies
including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and
projects, and variations thereof.
--- Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and
managing the work of subject matter specialists from the
--- Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual
business guidance for the execution team.
--- Prioritizes the execution team's work so that it aligns with
the sponsor's/business executive's strategies.
--- Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and
proper documentation of business requirements and validating
metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls.
--- Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and
mitigate risks to include business operational risks.
--- Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate
solutions.Job RequirementsABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers primar13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here,
we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11
million members who rely on us every day. Supporting over 32,000
employees, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built
on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best
Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a
Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity
Magazine. See what it's like to work for a company where your
passion meets our purpose:
It's a very exciting time for USAA as we've rapidly grown to more
than $155 billion in assets. With this tremendous growth, USAA has
heightened opportunities for highly talented Bank professionals at
an organization known for its core values and important mission. We
are a family of companies that provide insurance, banking,
investments, retirement products and advice to more than 12.8
million current and former members of the U.S. military and their
families. We're known for our legendary commitment to our members,
and consistently recognized for outstanding service, employee
well-being and financial strength. Join us and see just how far our
mission, diversity of opportunities and career mobility can take
- Works under minimal supervision on complex efforts that can
span a year or more.
- Works with multiple teams within a program, and occasionally
may lead and provide oversight to other DPOs on larger
- Works with the Enterprise platform and/or multiple systems
integration for major elements of technical infrastructure. -
- Works Epic-level efforts that coordinate distribution to, and
release across multiple scrum teams, within scaled Agile
organizations as necessary. -
- Serve as an expert in more than one particular business or
system domain capable of leading development across multiple teams
at the program level.
- Identifies, engages, influences and leads business stakeholders
and Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand,
validate and help shape business strategy and vision, and customer
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an
advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls
for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with program and project level plans related to
schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps. -
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work
items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project and program
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arm them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Coaches less experienced DPOs and team members. -
- Serves as an expert in the business development/execution
discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve
and advance the function.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum experience required.Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum experience required.
- 4 (for Level 1) to 8 (for Lead Level) or more years of
experience in business and/or project delivery.
- At minimum, proficient knowledge of multiple technical software
delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- At minimum, proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
products and applicable databases.
- At minimum, proficient knowledge of Change Management
- At minimum, proficient knowledge and demonstrated use of
Process Engineering methodologies.Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Practical work experience (as a Practitioner) in a SAFe Agile
- Financial Services/Banking experience, to include knowledge of
financial Banking products & services used by Customers/Members
with emphasis on "Enterprise Payments Platform" -
- Demonstrated experience in using time effectively (time
management) - - - - - -
- Demonstrated experience coordinating your own work with others
- Demonstrated experience in communications (verbal & written)
and the ability to engage senior management - - - -
- Demonstrated experience engaging Senior Management - - - -
- Exposure to compliance regulations such as NACHA Operating
Rules, REG E, Truth-in-Lending, Truth-in Savings, Electronic Funds
Transfer, Fair Lending, UDAP etc - - -The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. -
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is notavailable for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Tampa , Product Management ( Development Product Owner ) USAA Bank: Experienced Program Mgt Professionals, Executive , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!