Director - Strategic Planning
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Job Location: Tampa ,FL Alternate Job Location : None
Role Value Proposition:
This position is within the Global Operations Planning & Strategic
Governance organization. The position will partner with operations
management to develop metrics, financial / portfolio management
annual plans and reports that support business objective and
results. Will work with supporting functions, both within and
outside of the Global Operations organization and across US, Asia,
Latin America, Europe regions. In addition, this position will
provide support for transformational programs, and for tools used
in managing Global Operations metrics and annual plans.
- Direct the production and distribution of monthly, quarterly
and senior leadership / stakeholder metrics reports and
presentations including trend analysis, variance analysis, cost and
benefit analysis, status of program initiatives, escalating issues
and recommend solutions.
- Effectively interpret and transform business intelligence/data
into meaningful and actionable insights that business leaders can
reference to drive business outcomes, make business decisions,
- Support the refinement of key performance indicators project
and tool implementation.
- Conduct benchmark comparisons, and performance indicators
- Assist to develop departments annual budget and provide
oversight of expenses management functions.
- Evaluates and implements process improvements to increase
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partners across region and other areas to build strong working
relations and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- Identifies, locates and provides needed training and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Full people management responsibility, including hiring,
firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and
training and development.
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant business experience in the financial
services industry or in insurance operations, and 5 + years
previous experience leading people.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills, including the ability to partner
at multiple levels in the organization, lead cross-regional teams,
build and maintain relationships, and influence decisions.
- Previous experience in planning, metrics reporting and analysis
highly desired; experience with Business Performance Management
tools a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to
- Must be flexible to accommodate working across time zones and
respond to changing business needs.
- Strong PC skills, including a high level of competency in
Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, PowerBI, DOMO.
- Bachelors degree in a related field. Advanced degree
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, were leading the global transformation of an industry
weve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, were
dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to
ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will
be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you
will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have
successfully applied to the job.
Requisition # 110681
Keywords: MetLife, Tampa , Director - Strategic Planning, Executive , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!