Chief Technology Officer
Company: Christian Care Ministry
Posted on: May 21, 2019
Date published: 4/28/19
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for overseeing
all technical aspects of the company. The CTO works with the
executive team to support company vision and growth through the use
of technological resources. The CTO will oversee all employees in
the IT department and sub-departments to attain the company's
strategic goals established in the company's strategic plan.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires
its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and
practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws
applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is more than just a
job, it's a ministry. CCM's mission is to connect and equip
Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with
others. The foundation of CCM's mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes the company's technical vision and leads all
aspects of the company's technological development
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads as
an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and
- Is solution-oriented and provides guidance to the organization
on how best to apply technology and process to resolve
- Continually coaches and mentors IT team members to reach their
- Develops the CCM technical environment, supports new
infrastructure roll-outs, and defines and implements the DevOps
process - including management of releases and other technical
- Develops and sustains high-quality relationships with executive
leadership team. Identifies priorities, issues, and strategic
challenges for the organization and strategizes solutions which
have scale and global reach
- Holds overall responsibility for leading and directing a large
and diverse workforce to achieve the business strategy through
application of technology. Inspires people and gets their full
commitment to do the extraordinary
- Explores how market and industry changes will influence and
challenge the whole organization. Conducts research and case
studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on
the probability of implementation
- Builds a committed leadership team and holds overall
responsibility for building the capabilities of a large and diverse
workforce to their full potential
- Represents the organization in relationship with vendors,
clients, the public, and other relevant external relations
- Takes overall responsibility for designing, developing, and
delivering the organization's overall tech strategy and services to
achieve long-term business needs in a way that maximizes the
organization's impact and business performance
- Acts as a good steward of Christian Care Ministry's resources
and ensures control of IT departmental budgets
- Leads cost-benefit and ROI analyses to determine which
platforms and solutions fit CCM needs.
- Encourages an environment of kind conflict, promoting a culture
of 360-degree feedback to ensure development of the highest quality
solutions for CCM
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Deep knowledge and experience with agile development
- Proven expertise developing and executing product
- Business acumen and work experience in a healthcare, service
organization, and/or financial services industries
- Strong people management skills and proven experience managing
remote and in-house people and resources.
- Conviction and ability to support and defend technology
decisions within management team.
- Ability to nurture a culture of experimentation and learning,
with a focus on both agility and reliability.
- Strong prioritization and goal-setting skills; ability to
evaluate different points of view, make tough decisions, and defend
these within management.
- Data literacy coupled with a relentless focus on utilizing data
effectively to meet customers' needs.
- Willingness to take direct responsibility for achieving overall
- Confident and comfortable presenting and discussing your
solutions with senior stakeholders.
Core Competencies/Demonstrable Behaviors
- Business Insight-Applying knowledge of business and the
marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Action oriented-Taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Attracts Top Talent-Attracting and selecting the best talent to
meet current and future business needs.
- Builds Effective Teams- Building strong teams that apply their
diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Develops talent-Developing people to meet both their career
goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives results-Consistently achieving results, even under tough
- Strategic mindset-Seeing ahead to future possibilities and
translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Optimizes work processes-Knowing the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
- Instills trust-Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Education and Experience
- BS in related field required, MA preferred, plus 15+ years of
experience in the IT sector and 10+ years of management/strategic
- MBA/MS in related field with at least 10 years of experience in
the IT sector and a minimum of 6 years of management/strategic
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the
opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set,
and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
assignments. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Keywords: Christian Care Ministry, Tampa , Chief Technology Officer, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!