Nurse Manager (CLC)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 14, 2018
The facility is a complexity Level 1-A facility and ranks among the largest medical centers in the Department of Veterans Affairs. The facility includes a full medical, surgical, research facility, numerous outpatient clinics spanning central Florida, Community Living Centers, and domiciliary. The facility is committed to providing high quality, timely, and comprehensive healthcare benefits and services to eligible individuals in an efficient, compassionate, and ethical manner. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for the overall Nursing operations of a Community Living Center Nursing unit/area. The Nurse Manager is accountable to the Chief, Nurse Geriatric and Extended Care. * Supervising approximately 50 plus staff members; * Directing continuous improvement activities and ensuring nurse readiness for all internal and external reviews including LTCI; * Evaluating, in a timely manner, staff performance; * Initiation and facilitation of collaboration among disciplines; * Collaboration in developing, implementing, and maintaining JAHVH mission, goals, policies, and EEO guidelines, and * Application of personnel policies and procedures, environmental safety, and efficient resource utilization. In addition, the Nurse Manager (NM) is responsible for orienting, and training nurses and technicians. The Nurse Manager is a key member of the Geriatric and Extended Care, Nursing Leadership Team. The NM in collaboration with the Chief Nurse is responsible for all issues that affect staffing including standards of practice, credentialing, training, functional statement, position descriptions, proficiency reports, performance appraisals, policies, procedures, protocols and competencies. Further, the Nurse Manager is responsible for promoting and supporting evidenced-based practice of staff members to enhance nursing skills, quality patient care delivery and fosters the VHA Core Values: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). Work Schedule: The NM position requires accountability 24/7 operations of the Community Living Center Unit/Area but not limited to delivery of nursing services and for immediate supervision and guidance of nursing personnel. Primarily work days/hours will be Monday-Friday - with flexibility to work other tours to meet unit/program objectives as required. Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. Preferred Experience: Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Certification in Gerontological Nursing preferred.
- 2-3 years current or recent experience (in the last three years) as an Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/Administrative Coordinator and/or Charge Nurse.
- 3-5 years current or recent experience (in the last three years) in Long Term Care
- Ability to perform complex leadership and management duties in directing unit operations.
- Knowledge and application of policies, procedures, applicable regulatory and accreditation standard, and record-keeping requirements relating to patient care
- Ability to recognize own emotions and be able to constructively and diplomatically manage emotions during challenging periods.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Ability to be resilient and prioritize conflicting demands effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and promote a cohesive team environment.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, and pushing. Transferring patients, moderate lifting of 15-44 pounds, ability to distinguish basic colors and hearing without aids. The mental/sensory requirements include recall, reasoning, problem-solving, hearing, speaking clearly, writing legibly, keyboarding, reading and logical thinking. The environment's pace can vary from steady to a sometimes fast pace requiring handling of multiple priorities, frequent sometimes intense customer interactions, and the ability to adapt to frequent changes in a sometimes noisy environment. There may be the need to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to disease, illness and hazardous materials.NoneTo apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search. The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Disability Rating Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Tampa , Nurse Manager (CLC), Executive , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!