Procurement Manager - Food Sourcing
Company: TKC Holdings, Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Are you looking for a career with premium benefits -and the
potential for growth? -
At TKC Holdings, we've created something -special, a better place
to work and grow. - Many -employees start just expecting a paycheck
but end up -with a rewarding career. - We provide exceptional
-training and a clear career path. ---
We are proud to be a military and veteran friendly employer.
About This Position
This position will develop and maintain relationships will key
vendors in order to ensure the most cost-effective product pricing
is realized by Trinity Services Group. Responsible for sourcing the
most aggressively priced viable product in the market through
routine communication with all assigned vendors and achieving cost
savings project goals.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Continuously research the market to find and maintain optimal
- Achieve cost savings in a timely fashion to support and achieve
Business Plan goals.
- Ensure all products listed on Trinity Services Group specific
managed order guides are the most optimal, cost-effective valued
products available in the national market.
- Maintain a database of all relevant products to ensure Trinity
Services Group is always purchasing the most consistently
available, cost effective product in the general market.
- Continuously rationalize the most optimum procurement position
for all items which are represented in the top 80% of spend for the
- Opportunity/Spot Buys for short term cost savings
- Collaborate with purchasing team members to source, procure and
distribute product which has been identified as the best value for
Trinity Services Group.
- Compose clear, complete, and concise correspondence and reports
- Maintain current knowledge of food and nutrition procurement
laws, rules, and regulations.
- Support field managers with all procurement business needs
including problem resolution.
- Develop deep market intelligence for strategic commodity
categories by monitoring the category supply base, industry
dynamics, and underlying price indices, and establishing senior
level relationships in the food ingredient supply base.
- Develop aligned category strategies by understanding current
and future business needs, with support from key stakeholders.
Deliver at least one strategic category plan annually.
- Lead the negotiations for Master Supply Agreements with
selected strategic suppliers.
- Create formula-based pricing agreements for pertinent food
ingredients, which would include direct commodity, fx, and indirect
commodity (e.g. feed and crude oil) inputs.
- Manage and lead supply and commodity risk strategy and
mitigation plans for designated sub-categories, including
accountability for coverage strategy.
- Responsible for category's ingredient items for budgeting
process as part of the annual operating plan (AOP).
- Manage purchase price variance (PPV) for pertinent commodities
in the category.
- Support the launch of new meal introductions and updated
recipes by sourcing new ingredients, with close alignment with Menu
Development and Operations teams.
- Stay abreast on market trends, cost optimization, innovation
and latest technologies to identify new ingredient opportunities by
analyzing industry research and attending trade shows.
- Become Trinity's sourcing expert for categories in
- Develop and maintain senior level relationships at strategic
- Drive quarterly business reviews to review aligned KPIs with
select, strategic ingredient suppliers.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing Management, Supply
Chain, or professional certification in Purchasing; three years
procurement experience in the food service industry, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience is
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, procedures and
regulations relating to institutional food service or food
industries is highly desired.
- Considerable knowledge of food quality and values is highly
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with food distributors, clients and
- Strong planning, research, communication (written and verbal)
and presentation skills.
- Proven negotiation and time management skills.
- 7 - 12 years of experience, with at least 3 years in strategic
- Have managed a significant food commodity spend and
continuously led food commodity categories for 2 or more
- Food ingredient procurement experience in agricultural
commodities and animal proteins.
- Strong understanding of seasonality of ingredient purchases and
- Developed or refreshed one or more procurement category
strategies with stakeholder alignment is preferred.
- Track record of identifying and delivering annual cost savings
that meet or exceed target.
- Ability to support the tactical and operational needs, while
not losing focus on the strategic.
- Must have solid influencing skills to ensure team success and
to work with cross-functional partners.
- Strong analytical skills and computer proficiency, specifically
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Talent for communicating, influencing, and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment - skilled at
planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing multiple projects
with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer)
Company or Facility background check and drug screening.
TKC Holdings, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits to all
regular-full time employees. - TKC offers a variety of medical
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Many more benefits that can be selected to create the right
package for you
TKC also understands the importance of work life balance and
planning for the future. - To help with both of these, employees
are eligible for paid time off and a Company Match for the 401(k)
Retirement Savings Plan.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: TKC Holdings, Inc, Tampa , Procurement Manager - Food Sourcing, Executive , Oldsmar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!