VP, Senior AML Expert Statistician- Hybrid
Posted on: November 16, 2022
The AML Senior Expert Statistician will work under the
supervision of a Functional Team Manager to provide ongoing support
in terms of required analysis. The scope of analysis will cover all
aspects of analysis performed by the team within different
projects: Optimization, Segmentation, Tactical Tuning tasks, and
data modeling/validation efforts depending on current needs and
project plans. The AML Senior Expert Statistician will follow the
globally consistent methodology, but is expected to have a high
level of initiative and creativity and suggest enhancements to the
current methodologies.Requirements include a background in
statistics and/or mathematics (including experience in predictive
modeling), preferably also experience with data analysis and/or
data mining. Experience and knowledge in banking and finance will
be desirable, as well as the ability to read and create formal
- Prepare and validate data, and then build and validate a
scoring model using logistic regression or alternative quantitative
- Conduct data-driven analysis and create reports. Apply
quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods; prepare
statistical and non-statistical data exploration. Validate data,
identify data quality issues (if any), and work with Technology to
address them. Analyze and interpret data reports, draw conclusions
and make recommendations answering specific business needs.
- Document solutions and present results in a simple
comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more
formal documentation using statistical vocabulary.
- Generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of
obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data.
Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors
that could affect the results of research. Question and validate
assumptions. Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in terms
of methodology and processes.
- Maintain an industry leading knowledge of the tools, systems
and processes available for best in class AML Detection and
Monitoring Operations.Required Qualifications
- 3+ Years of relevant experience.
- Strong statistical academic background, knowledge of
quantitative methods, including predictive modeling
- Experience in creating and assessing Statistical Models.
- Highly-skilled and good working knowledge in any of the
following - Python / R / SAS
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear
written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and
- Team working experience (demonstrated team player ability
- Understanding of technical requirements, ability to communicate
with Technical Support.
- Ability to manipulate data using SQL or equivalent.Desirable
- Experience with data exploration
- Mantas and AML monitoring systems experience or other
transaction monitoring systems a plus.
- Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable
to anti-money laundering a plus.
- Previous experience with financial services companies (retail
banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private
- Knowledge of Git tools - bitbucket or any other source code
- Knowledge of any data science platforms such as Dataiku a
- Experience with feature engineering, graph theory / network
analytics, Machine learning ensemble methods like Random Forest and
Gradient Boosting a plus. Required Skills:
- Statistical/data analytical skills - including both calculation
and interpretation of outcome.
- Methodical analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative, creativity and attention to detail are
- Ability to work under close supervision of a functional team
manager, while preserving independence of thinking and
responsibility for the results.
- Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and
opinions; ability of giving comprehensive answers and
- Conceptual and creative thinking (outside the box).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing, through all levels of the organization and through
different business units.
- Self-motivated with high desire of self-development and
- Must be able to coordinate and deal with conflicting time
- Very good written and verbal communication ability in an
educational style. Ability to express thoughts and concepts
- Teamwork: Ability to work well with a variety of people and to
show team-player attitude regardless the scope of
- Creativity: Provide input into the innovation of new and
enhanced approaches. Having initiative and a proactive attitude is
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS from 4 Year University) in Statistics,
Mathematics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, or
related Quantitative Field required
- Master Degree preferred - Job Family Group: Risk Management -
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation Time Type: Full
time Primary Location: Tampa Florida United States Primary Location
Salary Range: $110,090.00 - $165,130.00 Citi is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the
EEO is the Law Supplement .View the EEO Policy Statement .View the
Pay Transparency Posting - Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Tampa , VP, Senior AML Expert Statistician- Hybrid, Executive , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!