Licensed Optician - General Manager
Company: Eyeglass World
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company DescriptionEyeglass World is part of National Vision,
one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the
United States. Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the
United States and offers eye exams, contact lenses, eyeglasses,
sunglasses and protective eyewear. The brand keeps customers happy
with affordable prices and same-day service via in-store labs.For
more details about Eyeglass Word, visit EyeglassWorld.com.At
National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to
live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and
eyewear more affordable and accessible.By overseeing the daily
operations of our stores, including personnel management and
inventory control, our General Managers keep customers coming back
by providing a positive experience from start to finish - and
keeping associates happy, too.Job DescriptionWhat would you do? -
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest
level of customer service.
- Investigate and compile competitive information.
- Provide daily and weekly statistics to District Manager and
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Hire, supervise and train all store associates.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Interface and maintain appropriate professional relations with
the doctor, other National Vision associates and
customers.Qualifications Are you the right fit? - The Suitable
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain license as required by state.
- Management experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- ABO & NCLE Certified.
- Proficient computer skills.Additional InformationTaking care of
our peopleWe understand the importance of financial health and
security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation
to all Associates - including bonus potential for every position in
the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including
health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company
match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company
holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much
more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for
professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide
training programs, access to educational courses and pride
ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from
within.Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn
more.We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information,
disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Eyeglass World, Tampa , Licensed Optician - General Manager, Executive , Riverview, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!