Network Security Engineer
Posted on: December 9, 2018
The Senior Network Security Engineer works directly with clients and responds to security incidents and remediates if needed to mitigate any security vulnerabilities.Essential Functions
- Interprets and implements customer change requests on managed security device platforms, primarily firewalls and IDS/IDP devices
- Troubleshoots problems including: security-related issues (firewalls, IPS, understanding of common protocols in security like DNS, SSL, TLS, HTTP(s), ftp, etc.,) routing and switching, protocol problems, WAN/LAN failures, and performance issues across a distributed segmented network infrastructure with multiple security zones
- Maintains and administers perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Maintains good working knowledge in VPN technologies and security protocols like IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL, PKI, RADIUS, TACACS, EAP, LDAP etc.
- Implement Cisco ASA firewalls including 2100 and 4100s.
- Migrate customers from Sonicwalls, Juniper and CheckPoint to Cisco ASAs.
- Works with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols.
- Works with Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560 and 3550 catalyst switches. Required Qualifications
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following firewall platforms or technologies: Cisco ASA, CheckPoint, SonicWall, Palo Alto, IP Filter or iptables
- 3 or more years hands on experience migrating Sonicwall and/or CheckPoint to Cisco ASAs
- Understands basic network principles related to TCP/IP
- Must have extensive hands on experience with aforementioned technologies
- Must have extensive knowledge of high performance data center solutions, network infrastructure LAN/WAN, Switching, Routing, and enterprise wireless infrastructures
- Pre-sales expert and will engage the sales force in pre-sales and post sales opportunities
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Routers (ISR GEN1/2), Switches (including NEXUS and Catalyst Line), Security Appliances (ASA, IPS, MARS, NAC).
- Advanced knowledge of WAN Circuits, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, FR/ATM, ACLs, TCP/IP, IPX
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting VLANs using CISCO equipment, to include intimate knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing, IPV6 and trunking with ISL and 802.1q
- Strong knowledge of VPN IPSec/SSL solutions and hands-on deployment experience
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, NXOS, ASA and other technical configurations
- Experience with monitoring, alerting and management tools such as: ScienceLogic, Labtech
- Knowledge of Cisco's IP Telephony and wireless product line. Specifically how to provision networks for deployment of these technologies and how to secure them
- F5 knowledge; experience is a plus.
- Security (ASA/PCI) experience (Preferred) - provided by Dice Cisco routers/switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto, F5
Keywords: ConvergeOne, Tampa , Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!