Marketing Communications Specialist
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: November 11, 2018
MidAmerica is one of the nation's leading providers and administrators of retirement and other tax-advantaged benefit plans for government and education employers throughout the US. The company provides innovative employee benefit programs for over 1 million educators and other public-sector employees through 2,200 plan sponsors across the country and has assets under management exceeding $1 billion. Originally formed in 1995, MidAmerica's core business has been providing Social Security Alternative and Special Pay programs (tax- advantaged vacation and sick pay plans for governmental employers). This core business has grown dramatically and has expanded to include other defined contribution plans, Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Trusts (for public employer-sponsored healthcare plans that keep healthcare liability off the books), independent Third-Party Administration Services (403(b) and 457(b) compliance and common remitting), and most recently, ACA Compliance Reviews. To date the company sells and distributes its products and services through a distribution network of insurance brokers that primarily sell into the public sector.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing of this growing financial services company, the Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for owning internal and external communications to educate clients, empower distribution partners, inform colleagues, and position MidAmerica as a thought leader in the markets we serve. The Communication Specialist will control the dissemination of information on behalf of the company. The Communications Specialist will also provide support with content development, driving traffic to our website and leads to our sales funnel.
MidAmerica's Communications Specialist will be primarily responsible for the following items:
- Develop, own, and maintain a library of communications including templated presentations, client letters, newsletter content, and web content.
- Develop messaging consistent with established brand.
- Continuous attention to detail in composing, editing, and proofing materials.
- Support sales teams and partners with impactful educational/informational communications for clients
- Assist in the communication of strategies or messaging by senior leadership
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Create an annual external communications calendar
- Maintain our organization's social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Write and publish website, blog and email newsletter content
- Collaborate on effective corporate communication strategies
Skills and Qualifications
Specific Qualifications and career profiles that are essential to the position are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field required
2. Minimum 2 years' experience with technical writing, editing, content marketing, or public relations 3. Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills Associated topics: content, copywriter, journalism, journalist, news, newspaper, newsperson, reporter, writer, writing
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Tampa , Marketing Communications Specialist, Advertising , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!