Regional Financial Analyst
Company: Hancock Bank
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for conducting complex financial analysis and modeling for the assigned division; provides consultation on financial performance and budgetary trends; recommends cost savings or enhancement practices as applicable; supports other departmental initiatives as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Creates and utilizes modeling to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action
* Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations
* Analyzes financial information to determine present and forecast future financial performance; provides interpretation of financial trends to aid in strategic decision making
* Performs analysis to identify division performance and budget trends recommends improvements accordingly; assists in the development and finalization of the budget, planning and other financial requirements
* Compiles and prepares periodic variance reports and management reviews; conducts applicable research for variances
* Evaluates complex budgets, operating records, and financial statements to indicate return on investment or project status; performs analysis to assess justification for capital expenditures
* Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts
* Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies
* Coordinates with various levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, new business planning, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts
* Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements
* Supports departmental initiatives and projects
* May provides guidance or supervision to junior-level analysts
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting; MBA and CPA are highly preferred
* 7+ years of experience in financial analysis or accounting; a comparable combination of education and experience will be considered.
* Previous related experience within a Financial Institution highly preferred
* Thorough knowledge of financial statements, financial analysis and business strategies.
* Applicable working knowledge of the banking industry.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to travel
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Bank, Tampa , Regional Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!